Something's wrong here

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Ok, I just finished installing my Magnaflow catback, and after I hooked the battery back up, I took it for a test-drive.

Something isn't right.

First off, the blower whine is a LOT louder. It seems to pull much earlier in the RPM range, and the boost gauge goes a bit past 10, before backing off to just under 10 (it used to stop right at 10).

Not that I'm complaining, but it just doesn't seem like mufflers and tailpipes can make THAT much of a difference. I'm not sure what happened, but it's like a totally different car now. :shrug:

94cobra

When will it be fast enuf
Established Member
When things flow better so do other things, like the supercharger:beer:

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Well, it's going back on the dyno as soon as I install the CAI. I'll wait til I get the new numbers before updating my sig.

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
i have the fipk, and catback, and mine goes a little past 8pounds...

stock pulleys

Marc

ridethelighteni

foolish samurai warrior
Established Member
stock pulley and going past 10???

I agree, mine never hit 10 with the stock pulley, let alone go past. You must be one of the lucky bastages with a factory fluke.

UltimateSVT

Steer with the Rear
Established Member
Mine hit 10 with a CAI, stock pulley, 3" inch x-pipe, 3" cat-back and 40-50 degree weather.

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by ridethelighteni
I agree, mine never hit 10 with the stock pulley, let alone go past. You must be one of the lucky bastages with a factory fluke.

Either that or the gauge is optimistic. I think most factory gauges give ballpark figures anyway.

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
I also placed the Amazon CAI on my car, the magnaflow xpipe, and magnaflow catback 2 weeks ago. The blower whine is much louder, and the boost gauge peaks past 10lbs on many occasions. I felt this was odd also, but didnt no want to post it as I figured it was maybe mechanical or better yet, normal?

I have the factory pulley on it also, nothing more.

fubu795

Banned
With my UPR X-pipe, MAC 3 inch catback and UPR CAI, on colder nights my gage easily hit 10 lbs and a little bit past, no problem!

MyT-Mouse

Established Member
Originally posted by combatstang
stock pulley and going past 10???

Is this right?

MArc

With just a C&L MAF and Predator performance tune I was going over 10# no problem. I had just gotten the car so I figured that it was normal:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread