Somthing freaking broke.

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
well.. i was riding, going kinda fast but not really, went over a little bump and my back tires came off the ground and when the set back down something in the rear broke... loud klunking noise when i put it in gear and tried to drive it off after.. had to get it towed.. what do you think it was?

in neutral it revs and sounds fine.

Last edited:

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
something in the rear-end... :shrug: ...I bet if you remove your diff cover and have a look around you'll find something

remove your driveshaft if everything seems fine through the gears then its 100% rear-end

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
barely..but it moves, yes.. just real bad *klunk* sounds, but it really feels like it doesnt want to move though. so i didnt force it.

Last edited:

CobraG

Established Member
I know this doesn't help, but I am truly sorry to hear that, I hope it turns out not to be to bad, good luck man and keep us informed

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
yea ill let you know what it is.. this sucks dude.. i do wonder what broke though.. really... wonder if it was the pinion or the axle.. i dont know...

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
yeah kinda sounds like it. BF diff brace before fun next time...

That's one thing that ford really messed up on with respect to the IRS. the pumpkin is designed to be a stationary unit with the half shafts moving with the wheel. However Ford didn't anchor the pumpkin well enough and under a lod of load if it starts moving around quite a bit (on acceleration going over railroad tracks, or potholes for instance) the cover tends to let go and thus everything inside of it does as well.

If it's a total loss pumpkin as I suspect it might be, then look at a T2R or Eaton differential and definitely get the Billetflow IRS brace. It keeps the pumpkin from moving around when it shouldn't be.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Tell me about it. Mine is at my dealer getting all new subframe and mounting bushings right now. Oh and I slightly cracked the rear diff cover.

My warranty is picking it up too. 1300 bucks...

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
Yup, you broke something in your a$$ end. Time to upgrade!!! When I toasted one of my halfshafts, I just upgraded the entire rear ~$1100 (with labor). Also, if you don't see a hole in the cover, you will want to check your diff and/or your inner joints on the halfshafts.
Good luck!!!

SVT_HotGurl

Banned
sorry to tell ya, but if it didn't roll afterwards, you broke something in your rearend. it could be a busted halfshaft(s) or your differential.

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
they called and left me a message.. all it said was "eric buddy, your rear end is busted gimme a call"

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
i dont care if "it makes the cobra different" or whatever the fxck people say around here. the irs fxcking sucks warted dick.

dredg9

Established Member
my guess is you blew up your gears..most likely need new bearings, clutch packs possibly, etc.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
onicrom said:
i dont care if "it makes the cobra different" or whatever the fxck people say around here. I suck warted dick.

Damn dude...i dont want to hear about what you do in your free time :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread