Sonic Blue, 18 ''CCWs, and finally lowered pics

jguerrero

Established Member
After some requests, I took some nicer pics yesterday. I still need to go get my car aligned, but I wanted to wait a few days for everything to settle in.
Car should drop a bit more lower after a few hundred miles of driving, its sits and drives nice how it is now though.

Well here they are:
Picture_252.jpg

Picture_249.jpg

Picture_257.jpg

Picture_253.jpg

I have some more but require me to edit out my tags so it will take a bit. Some people wanted some rear shots to see how far the tires stick out.

sweet10th

Established Member
Looks really good man.
What size tires did u go with on the rear ?

I was thinking about those rim but decided on SSR's instead.
Badass car dude.

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
no probs with the front wheels hitting under hard cornering and steering?

Can you give me a p/n for those springs??

Thanks
Rog

jguerrero

Established Member
No problem at all with rubbing up front. The part number is 5165099 H&R SUPERSPORT RACE SPRINGS

They sell them for $209 at Howbar Motorsports. good price

ww.howbarmotorsports.com

jguerrero

Established Member
also, does anyone know where I can get torque specs for the IRS. I have to go back in there and make sure everything is tightened right. I here a little creaking going on. Im not sure if its my alignment, it needs one bad. The tires are slightly slanted in the rear. Going to go on Thursday to take care of that.

Can the people that do the alignment(Like Les Shwab or something) make sure everything is in order down there, or would it be better to go to Ford for the aligment and have them retorque everything.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Your car looks AWSOME man! The wheels, and the ride height are perfect!! Keep the pics coming :rockon:

jguerrero

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments, after all the times drooling over JKD's Cobra I decided it was about time to do mine.

As far as the Spring install, me and a buddy did it in his garage. Fronts were pretty easy, the rear was a bit more difficult.

We ended up dropping the IRS down, and it made it very easy to get the springs in. Hard part was getting the IRS back into place. 2 of the bolts are not to convienently located. I can see why Ford used the 12mm bolts instead of hte 14s, i would be a big pain in the ass to get them in there, at least for me. I still need to make sure that everything is retorqued back to proper spec and to get an alignment. The car drives and handles A LOT better than before. If you do it yourself it will save you a bunch of money, but it can take a long time so be prepared.

Painter

Established Member
I just installed Eibachs , no need to drop anything!!!! just use a spring compressor from autozone and run it up through the bottom hole under the springs in the IRS.

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Very nice jguerrero....We want more pics so keep them coming. I'm thinking of doing H&R's in the back and steeda sports on the front. I hear it's a nice comb but after seeing your pics might not need to. BTW who did you by your springs from..

87FOXGT

Established Member
looks awesome man, i just got my white vert lowered a few hours ago with super sport SSs. it looks wicked with my 18 inch chrome saleen rims and 315s out back. it looks amazing i will have to post up some pics too for you guys tomorrow.

your car looks great though man congrats!

akaeric

Established Member
I still like those CCW's it was ask but I'll ask again what wheel and tire size? The wheels I mean the width.

Users who are viewing this thread