Sonic Blue available for MSRP in MI.

Toxicsnake

Established Member
Jordan Taylor at Keller Ford, 800-452-0758 has a Sonic Blue 03 for MSRP. I verified the pricing with him on Friday (tell him Jon with the silver coupe sent you!). The reason i am making a big deal of thr pricing issue is that for the past 2 months I have been looking for an MSRP version of a cobra and every tme I call a dealer (even after it was posted here that it's at "MSRP" , the figure is typically 2-5k over MSRP). The car looked to be in great shape we I saw it on Friday. They are in Grand Rapids, MI. I flew out from Connecticut on Sothwest and had a 14 hour drive back!!!!

sonic77

Established Member
Thanks for the tip!

I just drove out there yesterday and picked up the blue one from Keller. It was about an 8 hour drive from Des Moines, IA, but well worth it! All I can say is that was one awesome ride back!

I'd been looking for a sonic blue for quite awhile, but wasn't able to find any good deals until going through Keller Ford. The sales people were really nice and straightforward too.

Here's a pic of my new 03 next to my brother's 02 Z06. My old 01 GT is in the background (which now belongs to my roommate).

Toxicsnake

Established Member
Glad to hear they took care of you. Probably the best Ford dealer I have ever dealt with. Who was your sales guy?

sonic77

Established Member
Toxicsnake: My sales guy was Drew Wodarski.

Nope, it just has the standard polished wheels. I kind of wanted chromes at first, but then I saw these with the sonic blue and they looked just right.

jchrystal

Established Member
Spank his brothers a$$? He's gotta spank mine first!

I have the unique pleasure of working with sonic77 - and his roommate. Also, I've had the unique pleasure of driving both his new '03 and his brother's Z06. These guys are generous, eh? People are going to laugh at this, but I drove an E46 SMG M3 Sunday, and sonic's 03' feels a lot more like the bimmer than it does my '01 Cobra.

Sonic77 and I took the long way home and flogged our cars a little tonight. My '01 Cobra has about 16,000 miles on it. I take it to open-tracking events, and it's setup pretty good for the track with springs, subs, braces, etc. The only engine mod is an open element K&N.

My car is completely broken in, and I was running 94 octane fuel. Anyway, sonic and I let 'em rip. All I could hear was my exhaust and his supercharger whine. It was really pretty cool. His '03 was just a little bit faster than my '01, however, I attribute that entirely to his car not yet being broken in. We went from 50 to about 90 without him getting a full car length in front of me. I mean it was close!

It's pretty obvious that when his car loosens up a little, it's going to be crazy. My '01 is faster than other '01's I've been on the track with, and I don't really know why. I think I just got lucky.

We'll do this again in 1000 miles, and I'll be able to tell you all you'd ever want to know about his taillights!

sonic77 - sweet car (I'm jealous as hell!)

Users who are viewing this thread