WANTED: Sonic Blue coupe

JohnnyB89

Established Member
Looking for my dream Sonic Blue coupe. Lower miles, preferably stock or some mods. Located near Chicago, Il. Willing to travel if price is right. 30-35k range.

WillyB93

Established Member
Someone in Chicago posted a 11k mile car in the Chicago area on facbook the other day.

JohnnyB89

Established Member
Thanks I met with that guy. He keeps changing the price. I don’t think he wants to get rid of it unless someone pays 40k+

plumbcrazy

Established Member
I think I saw that same one posted on facebook. Seemed dirty for a 11k mile car.
I don't know the car you're referring to, but I know when I was looking for my Terminator ( for a year and a half) I saw a lot of cars that didn't seem honest.
Mileage questions, evidence of mods being removed and cars being returned to stock as the value is greater,etc...
I think, especially in light of the recent ( and I believe deserved ) increase in value of these cars, it's become a real "buyer beware" scenario.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I was referring to the 11k miles cobra in Chicago.

But yes, I agree. I'd be very hesitant to buy a car these days. Lots of people trying to unload them thinking they are getting peak value.

JohnnyB89

Established Member

Attachments

• 1BFF6F0D-062D-4036-86E4-27F91971DF30.jpeg
    1BFF6F0D-062D-4036-86E4-27F91971DF30.jpeg
    253.1 KB · Views: 143

Ke1130

Established Member
That car has been on and off the market for a year or so I believe it was priced at 35k then the price went up when prices jumped. Owner may not be serious about selling it unless they’re getting a record price for it.

JCDriller

Established Member
I reached out to him yesterday morning, I haven’t gotten a reply yet, but it’s a holiday weekend. I miss my Sonic blue. I’d pay a premium for a super low mileage one owner factory car in excellent shape.

Last edited:

dom418

Established Member
I was referring to the 11k miles cobra in Chicago.

But yes, I agree. I'd be very hesitant to buy a car these days. Lots of people trying to unload them thinking they are getting peak value.

Every car guy thinks they are headed for an early retirement. Any specialty car that is even remotely desirable are commanding stupid money. S2000s, Vipers, C7 Z06s, Gt350s…I would not advise on overpaying for any toy at this moment as eventually the market will correct itself. It’s actually comical to read the comments in alot of these different car groups. They all sound the same lol.

WillyB93

Established Member
Yes that is the car I was talking about, posted by johnnyb89.

Every car guy thinks they are headed for an early retirement. Any specialty car that is even remotely desirable are commanding stupid money. S2000s, Vipers, C7 Z06s, Gt350s…I would not advise on overpaying for any toy at this moment as eventually the market will correct itself. It’s actually comical to read the comments in alot of these different car groups. They all sound the same lol.
Dom has a few he may sell if he hasn't already.

BlackStang00

Established Member
Gotcha I figured it was the same guy. It would seem he’s not serious about selling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread