Sonic blue vert 54k miles 22k worth it?

Svt_kid90

Established Member
Hey guys after selling my coupe about 2 weeks ago know i find my self wanting another cobra lol, this time i wanna give a vert a shot. Ive been looking on craigslist and here on the market scetion but no luck, however 2 days ago an 03 sonic vert came up on craigslist, long story short i met with the seller to see thhe car and even got to test drive it ! I gotta admit having the top on a terminator feels awesome!! Cars pulls nicely, no hesitation. Clutch feels great and overall condition of the car interior and exterior is in pretty good shape, theres one thing that bothers me tho. On the hood bottom left portion where it meets the passenger side head light there is a pretty big scratch/scuff, the size of a baseball. Is definitely noticeable. Other than car is in great shape. A few rock chips on the front bumper as well but we all know this is a 12 year old car. The car has the following mods the car has 54k miles no accidents clean carfax, clean tittle too

2.8 PULLEY AND IDLER,
SVT HEAT EXCHANGER,
NRG PARK PLUGS,
SCT PROGRAMMER,
BBK COLD AIR INTAKE,
UPR HIGH FLOW H PIPE,
BASSANI MUFFLER AND CATBACK,
PRO 5.0 T56 SHIFTER,
CROSSED DRILLED ROTORS,
STRANGE AND MAXIMUM MOTORSPORTS STRUTS WITH UPR ADJUSTABLE COIL OVER SUSPENSION AND CAMBER PLATES

i copied the above from the for sale ad.
i really like the car but im not sure if is worth the 22k the seller is asking he said thats the lowest u will go. He had/has it up for 25k lol but after some negotiation 22k is his bottom dollar. What does svtp thinks??

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
$22k for a Cobra with 54k miles seems to be a little high to me...$19k would be in the ballpark IMHO

(That copied font in hard to read)

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
His list, as it's hard to see due to the color.

2.8 PULLEY AND IDLER,
SVT HEAT EXCHANGER,
NRG PARK PLUGS,
SCT PROGRAMMER,
BBK COLD AIR INTAKE,
UPR HIGH FLOW H PIPE,
BASSANI MUFFLER AND CATBACK,
PRO 5.0 T56 SHIFTER,
CROSSED DRILLED ROTORS,
STRANGE AND MAXIMUM MOTORSPORTS STRUTS WITH UPR ADJUSTABLE COIL OVER SUSPENSION AND CAMBER PLATES

i copied the above from the for sale ad.
i really like the car but im not sure if is worth the 22k the seller is asking he said thats the lowest u will go. He had/has it up for 25k lol but after some negotiation 22k is his bottom dollar. What does svtp thinks??

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
No such thing as a SVT heat exchanger - it just has SVT stenciled on it - probably still aftermarket though. I see your in Cali, but he's still high on price given the miles and given the words you used to describe the condition, especially considering the area on the hood. The mod list isn't that long or impressive. Does he have a dyno sheet to go with it? He can want 25k or 22k or 30k, doesn't mean he's going to get it. I agree that he's a solid 3k off. I would pass unless you are just set on wanting Sonic Blue.

Svt_kid90

Established Member
Thanks for the reply guys, yes i too feel is a priced a few thousand above what i feel is a fair price. 03cobra thanks for reposting the mod list, i don't know why it changed colors. RPD yea he has dyno sheets to go with it. I too think I'll probably be passing on this, the car is really nice and all but i know ill be over paying for that thing. Sonic blue is nice and on a vert would be coo but the price plays a vital role. Thanks again peeps

Users who are viewing this thread