Soooo frustrated guys give me some love!

B03Cobra

SVT G0D
Established Member
Ok sooo some of yall know on here my clutch was going out, my AWESOME svt tech told me this, he is a great guy and a friend!

He said the Steeda quadrant and cable/adjuster might help, sooooo after about 2 hours trying to crawl under the dash I got the quadrant installed with the stock cable, atleast it would still go some what into gear after 45 attempts....

So today I thought hey lets install the new cable. maybe that might help, sooooo after like trying to get that bracket on there and the cable routed and setup right, the thing would keep grabbing on the clutch fork and not let go, so when I tried to let the clutch out the car tried to lurch forward like granny gear! WTF!

Not to mention i put a lil chip in one of my side skirts trying to jack the car up! GUR, oh well needed paint anyway....

I hope I didnt hurt the engine at all with the clutch not letting go? Probably just the clutch more right? The exhaust smelled funny, but maybe thats cuz it hasnt been started in awhile and I put stabil in it? I am just sooo frustrated tonight, this is actually the first time I thought about selling the car.... Hugs anyone?:rollseyes

B03Cobra

SVT G0D
Established Member
Haha I just read that again, I sure do whine a lot, haha sorry, im sure yall can relate, you probably all feel the same way when your baby has the sniffles! :p

TRBO VNM

the clutch might just be too far gone. too bad you didn't have my instructions for the adjuster/quadrant..it is a 20min job if that.

B03Cobra

SVT G0D
Established Member
Yeah it probably is, its just sad I guess cuz I really dont beat on the car at all, but she is a beast! Two clutches down, here comes number three... I am thinking of trying the RAM clutch and alum flywheel this time...

B03Cobra

SVT G0D
Established Member
Whats even better, my buddy at ford said he would help me install it for $50.00 bucks!

predator

Established Member
Originally posted by B03Cobra
Whats even better, my buddy at ford said he would help me install it for $50.00 bucks!

Go for it......and save yourself the frustration! :beer:

cgr46

Established Member
Originally posted by WUTWINE
the clutch might just be too far gone. too bad you didn't have my instructions for the adjuster/quadrant..it is a 20min job if that.

Hmm... Instructions you say. Cool I say. Where can I find 'em? Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge!

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Use the stock cable. It has been documented that the aftermarket cables snap or cause problems down the road. Just use the aftermarket quadrant and firewall adjuster (a must in my opinion for ANY Mustang). It's possible your clutch is shot since you may have driven with it out of adjustment for a long long time.

B03Cobra

SVT G0D
Established Member
Yeah I agree, this Steeda cable really sucks, the stock cable just seems so much better, I think I will reuse the stocker with my new clutch, the cable still seems fine, its only got 2k miles on it, so I assume it should be fine?

That was just really strange last night, having the car granny forward in neutral hehehe, stupid Steeda cable was binding on the fork!

OHHH yeah I would like to see those directions as well WUTWINE!

Users who are viewing this thread