Sorry guys.. Recommendation for a stock 94 cobra

UrbanKnight

Hard Core Car Whore
Established Member
Trying to make the most potent street machine possible: Seems like SC is a very logical choice to do so.. Have a relatively stock 94 cobra- Only has a CAI, MAC Ceramic shorties, MAC Catted H pipe(darn emmisions here) and Magnapack cat back.

If I go with a SC, which one and why, and what else do I need to change to get the best results.

I stumbled across a local Ford Master mechanic who will do ANYTHING I want to the car and cheaply.

I do not care if I get gallons per mile, as long as I can still take it down to walmart on occasion, and drive around town.

I guess my hopes are to get a solid 13 second car or below since I originally wanted a z06 or new STI which are running in that range off the line..

BTW- I would be very happy to be below that..

Also, this car will most likely never see the drag strip, just a street intimidator...

Thanks
UK
[email protected]

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
Your car should already be a 13 second car bone stock.

I love my vortech as it's been reliable and made great power. Most peoples arguement against it is that you have to tap the oil pan which takes all of 30 minutes even for a newbie.

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
I would say go S-trim and add 42 pound injectors to keep it safe. A safe tune should yield you about 340 to 375 rwhp. If you decide to step it up a notch you can tweak it to over 400 rwhp. It will depend on your tune. If you have the $ to buy new, then go for it and save yourself the headache of hunting for parts.

I purchased a kit in pieces and took me about 4 months to fully complete. However, i paid less than $1,000 for everything including an AFM powerpipe.

Good Luck!

jbob

You ever thought about a turbo setup? I've pieced mine together over the last few months and only have spent about $1200-1300 including intercooler. Just make sure the guy knows what he's doing though.

Last edited:

AHD

Established Member
Just a note, My 95 cobra did a best on Jan 10th of 13.409 at 104.14 on 275 nitto drag radials. 60ft time was 2.057. Mods are Underdrive pullies/70mm t/b/1-5/8'' bassani e/l shorties/offroad xpipe and ultraflow welded catback. Also have homemade cold air kit, with prom 75 bullet. I did remove the passenger seat, for a 40/45lb weight savings tho. Temps were in the 40's that evening also.

This was with the stock 3.08 rear gears, so you should already be in the high 13's.

Users who are viewing this thread