Sorry-- Union dragstrip, SC Silver 04 cobra

GodStang

Established Member
I am pretty sure jackson is running thursdays and saturdays now from 7pm-11pm. Like I said before, I'm down for whenever and wherever. I'm in Greenwood, SC so its about 1hr 30min for me to jackson and about an hr to union. I prefer 1/4 mile racing though as 1/8 just seems like it goes by too quick. I'm not going to lie though, Union is one nice track with lots of space, could of made it a 1/4 easy.

That is correct. Accessing Carolina Dragway.com... I am always up for meeting people. you ever see my car out come up and say hey. I dont care if you drive a V6, 4cyclinder, V8, or dont even own a car and just like them.

02reaper

Established Member
Well, someone come up with a date we can all meet up at Jackson and Im down for it. If its on a Thursday night, I wont be running though. Too far to have to find a way to tow a car back home and go to work the next day. Maybe we could do a track rental or something even. The last couple of times I went to Jackson, We were lucky to get two runs in within 5 hours. They are notorious for catering to People like Tony Bynes and strickly drag cars while making the long long line of street cars wait.

mustangtw

Established Member
I'm probably heading down to jackson tomorrow night if the weather holds out. Anyone going? Still undecided on if I want to drive the cobra down there because I think I may have some issues with the clutch slipping and I really don't want to chance it failing so far from home. I wish I had a trailer, then I could just tow it and not have to worry. I might drive up in the f-150 though and run it a few times down the track lol. Then I'll probably drive up to Union Friday night. :burnout:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
i've got 1/4 videos of my mustang(s) beating a vette and my vette(s) beating a mustang - lol. I have always talked to the people with the other car. There are more good sports out there than poor, at least thats what i have encountered :shrug: have fun and be safe, thats the most important thing

mustangtw

Established Member
man I would but i have got to work nights I am free the next 3 thursdays though. I have never been to union....

Union is a brand new track that just opened a few months ago. I've only been there once. It's nice, but only 8th mile. I liked when I went on Fri because there weren't many cars running, mostly bikes, and I could get a lot of test n tune and practice with little to no wait. And also what's nice is you are not required to wear a helmet. Probably a good 2 1/2 hour drive for u if your coming from Aiken.

mustangtw

Established Member
Just found some pics online of my car and the op's at union on sept 11th. Looks like they have a track photographer too. Check em out :rockon:

dragpic12.jpg

dragpic13.jpg

dragpic14.jpg

dragpic2.jpg

dragpic4.jpg

dragpic1.jpg

dragpic7.jpg

dragpic8.jpg

dragpic9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread