sound systems...

SilvaCobra03

Established Member
I know sh*t about sound systems. So I'm open to suggestions. I'd like to drop some subs into the trunk basically.

Anyone done it already and have pictures? details? how much money did you fork out and how'd they sound?

launchnukes

Crazy SVT Person
Established Member
if you just want cheap/good sound throw a couple decent 10s or 12s in the trunk. I've built a bunch of different boxes for 2 12s in my 97 cobra. always sounded great. i recomend Rockford Fosgate Punch HE2s and an amp pushing about 800 watts if you want something that sounds good and hits HARD. but if you want less you can save bunches.

I've built fiberglass boxes, one 12 in each corner, and i actually had a trunk. i've also just crammed different boxes in there and still had space on the sides.

but i sold all my subs now, except for one. Hey you should buy it, 1 Brand New RF HE2 12" and hook up a 300 watt amp. you'd get great sound and not lose too much trunk space. plus it'd be cheap!

drop me an email if you're interested or have any questions [email protected]

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
If you look at my WWW, you will see that I have a really large trunk available....2 10's

Rick

TRBO VNM

ALA G8R,

how much was the sub box? do they still make them, because I shop I called said they were going to stop producing them. I was thinking about that one or making one myself.

Neoclasiccl

Established Member
Coming from a ex sound competition guy (152dbs at 4000 watts) I will never put a different system in my car due to the weight it adds to the car. I might grab a nice LCD DVD for the dash but I built this car for performance and the factory system doesn't sound too bad. I will upgrade the factory speakers and such but this car weighs enough already LOL.

JMHO. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

ALA G8R

Banned
Originally posted by 03Redfiresnk
ALA G8R,

how much was the sub box? do they still make them, because I shop I called said they were going to stop producing them. I was thinking about that one or making one myself.

Retail, they're about $550. I lucked out and had a bud locally who had one sitting in his garage. I paid half that including a brand new 10W6.

Here is another alternative that doesn't look too bad and is a little bit less money.
http://www.mustangaudiosystems.com/links_page.htm

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I got the best of both worlds IMO, I just tapped the mach bass out and added two 10's and a amp to power them in the trunk. THe stock speakers actually are pretty decent (non competition we're talking) if you get an aftermarket head unit with more power. I can unplug and take my box out whenever I want to ditch the weight, but still have bass and decent sounding stock system.

JR_Cobra

Established Member
I'm getting ready to replace the entire Mach system. I'll be installing:

Alpine 9835 HU
Focal component speakers
Focal midbass drivers
JL Audio Stealthbox for the Stang convertible (looks great in the trunk and leaves some room!)
2 Amps (JL Audio and US Amps)

Not going for spls,want great sound quality instead, so I'm not adding much weight.

I'll take some pics when it's done.

Jeff

JR_Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by ALA G8R
JR_Cobra,
That will be one bad ass system!

I'm hoping it will be. Just trying to figure out where I'm going to put the 5Ws speakers. They need a .3 CI enclosure...

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread