Sounds Like Marble???

mingrey302

Established Member
:shrug:As I accelerate and let off it sounds like a marble rolling inside the supercharger anyone else heard of that?

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
:shrug:As I accelerate and let off it sounds like a marble rolling inside the supercharger anyone else heard of that?

You might of sucked a rock or screw in the supercharger?
Are you getting into boost at all? If so might be a bad tank of gas and causing detonation.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Detonation, sounds like marbles in a can. Get a tune or kaboom.
Oh yea check your plugs and see if its too late.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
If it is only doing it when you let off then I doubt that it is pre-detonation. Under decel you just don't have the load in the cylinders to cause it imo. I would look towards the blower. I am not saying that pre-detonation is not 100% the problem, but it just sounds out of character to me.

mingrey302

Established Member
As I rev the engine like to 3500rpm it makes the noise. when the car is on sitting there you don't hear it. The sound comes from the front of the supercharger like a bearing or something not sure from the pulley. Its an eaton all stock.

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Ya know,almost sounds like a idler/idler bearing that`s bad or going bad.That kinda explains the noise when there`s a load on them.

JedWele

aka "boostfiend"
Established Member
Could be a lot of things since sound can travel thru the engine. Could even be a spun bearing. But try taking the serp belt off and running it and see if it still makes the noise.

Users who are viewing this thread