South Texas SVTOA Chapter!!!

Osiris

Established Member
I posted about this a while back seeking interest in such a club should one be created, I'm happy to annouce that a dealership has been lined up and the process is underway!!!

Jordan Ford will be sponsoring the chapter with our first meeting/membership drive to tentatively take place on June 14th, 2003. The goal is to sign 50-100 members, with lot space at the dealership to be set aside for a car show.

This club will be open to all FORD performance enthusiasts, not just SVT owners, so all you Ford fanatics be sure to join in!

Some of the planned events include dyno days, track meets, races and other such events. The chapter will include those in a 200 mile radius of San Anotnio, this includes Austin and those further south towards the coast.

If you or anyone you know is interested, please PM me with your e mail address and I will make sure to keep you all posted as events transpire.

svt98cbra

Established Member
Maybe?

Osiris,

How far is this from Fort Hood? I will be there on May 20th and am looking for some car clubs to join. Thank you.

Rich

Osiris

Established Member
Ok Gents...As promised...the notes from tonight's meeting:

1) Discussed next meeting date, June 10th at 6pm, Same place, Jordan Motorcars on Pat Booker RD.

2) Discussed what we want the club to do:

-Racing
-Show/shine
-Cruise nights
-road rallys
-dyno days
-Inter-club meets, showdowns

3) What we need to do now
a) R E C R U I T!!!!!!!!!! New members needed!!! Get thew word out as best as you can! ALL Ford family vehicles welcome.

4) Club laws, voting, dues, member obligations - To be discussed further after information from SVTOA National is received.

5) June 14th, 2003

Car show/shine to take place at Jordan Ford, 11am-5pm either at the main location or at the Motorcars dealership. A volunteer will be needed to man the sign up booth. Damien ( me , teehee )to provide a sample pamphlet describing club's mission statement, general info. Money to be taken for dues???

This is about the skinny of it. By the next meeting I'll have something put together for the membership drive. I will also contact Jerry about perhaps getting some copies of flyers to distribute at local meets. Anyone up for "hunting" with me this weekend?

It was great to see you all again. To all the new people, Jim, Mike, great having you aboard!

Last edited:

Osiris

Established Member
You know, Racerat, I do not believe the last meeting was ever posted here!

I do apologize about that!!

Our next meeting is June 10th at 6pm at the Jordan Motorcars location. I hope you can make it then, if you have any other questions please feel free to ask. :)

MightyMo

Established Member
Congrats,

Just joined SVT club here in Chucktown, South Cackalackie
Charleston, South Carolina

I like the organization and SVT involvement and Ford actually provides a structured business plan for the directors/ leaders of the club.

Osiris

Established Member
Yes it does...ox03...For now...;)

I really hope we get the type of following down here in Texas that you have in So Cal, it's HUGE down there!

Osiris

Established Member
I'm thinking about a stroll down Military if the weather's good. Just before a holiday there should be plenty of ponies, snakes and other such creatures to see.

I'll contact Jerry about flyer availablity or maybe just run some off myself here at the house.

Osiris

Established Member
Its probably 60 miles from Austin, perhaps more.

I'd offer directions but I might confuse you, that side of town is still a little new to me.

Do a mapquest search for Jordan Motorcars on Pat Booker RD.

03blacksnake

Time Traveler
Established Member
Originally posted by Osiris
I'm thinking about a stroll down Military...

Sounds like a plan... I live up by the Airport so I don't make it down to Military much. But from what I have seen in the past there should be plenty of people out there. If Jerry hasn't received the flyers yet, I have access to a large black and white copier and a color laser printer. I can't run off a ton of them in color though, maybe 20-30 or so.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Nice meeting everyone Tuesday :thumbsup:

We're going to Corpus in the snake (if the weather's nice) for the day, Saturday, but I'd be up for a drive down Military on Sunday after the Spurs game...

RebeL: If you take 35S to 37S (to Corpus) and exit West (right) on Military Drive, it'd be around 90 miles from Downtown Austin...

RebeL

Established Member
Originally posted by Blue03Cobra
Nice meeting everyone Tuesday :thumbsup:

We're going to Corpus in the snake (if the weather's nice) for the day, Saturday, but I'd be up for a drive down Military on Sunday after the Spurs game...

RebeL: If you take 35S to 37S (to Corpus) and exit West (right) on Military Drive, it'd be around 90 miles from Downtown Austin...

So what should I bring? The Z71, the Camaro or my dad Maxima:p

Users who are viewing this thread