Southern California Motor Shop?

96CynRnr

Established Member
Everyone,

I have had terrible luck with my 96 Cobra in the last week. Less than 5 days after her 60k mile check up and service she wouldn't start one morning. The dealership (who will remain nameless until I speak with an attorney) "claims" that I have damaged 14 of the intake valves. They have compression checked and leak down tested the engine and say that 7 of the 8 cylinders are running at 50% or lower than the normal compression. I find this very surprising. The car was driving fine when I put it away. I need to know the names of some reputable shops to take a look at this. I personally feel that a 32 valve motor is beyond the compression of this dealership and before I shell out $3200 for them to fix it, I want the truth. I'll take anywhere within a hundred miles of Pasadena Ca. Close to Los Angeles if that matters to anyone. Personal experiences count allot with me, and if you have names of people to talk too that would be outstanding.
Case of beer shipped to the person who's choice I use... your choice domestic or imported. Well as long as your over 21 :beer:

Thanks in advance for all the advice ... /darin

96CynRnr

Established Member
Thanks for the info, however they don't do any work on cars only sell parts. However they did give me the name of a company in Placentia that might help... so who knows.
/darin

96CynRnr

Established Member
Winner !!!

NastyWS6 -- while it pains me to take the advice of a GM owner...he parts shops gave a good recommendation. The part shop isn't too hot on the Modular motors ... but the guy they recommended is honest (so far) doesn't jump the gun in terms of recommendations and is reachable. I like that in a guy who takes care of my baby. So ... Nasty... if your 21 and can prove it. (Sorry work for too many attorneys) let me know and I'll send you a case of beer or bottle of something... or perhaps bring it to the car club you were talking about in a different thread. Email me directly if you can... my id should have it.

/darin

Users who are viewing this thread