Southern Owners

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
Just wanted to say.....OMG.

I luv this weather. feels like I'm driving a whole new car.

Feels great to run through the gears and have it wanting to go side ways from second to third.. the summer turd is a fall and winter beast.

Just saying , for you boys and girls, living in south florida, you know what I'm talking about

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Took the cover off backed the beast out of the garage and drove it to work the past two nites, boost was hitting 15 the couple short times I got on the throttle, it was breaking loose in 2nd & 3rd with 3.27's and regular radials.. my cruising temps were 185; 7-9 cooler than the times I drove in the heat, I'm liking it!

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I hear ya, actually drove mine to work Friday. What a difference this cooler air makes, and no rain finally.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Just wanted to say.....OMG.

I luv this weather. feels like I'm driving a whole new car.

Feels great to run through the gears and have it wanting to go side ways from second to third.. the summer turd is a fall and winter beast.

Just saying , for you boys and girls, living in south florida, you know what I'm talking about

Yep, makes a huge difference. Over here on the west coast it is even cooler and less humidity. BTW, can't believe that you never had any buyers for your car but good to see that you are enjoying it.

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
BTW, can't believe that you never had any buyers for your car but good to see that you are enjoying it.

I know , I had someone local interested , took a deposit and all , was sure it was gone. Financing fell through.

I'm not sure if all 03/ 04 react differently in high heat/ humid conditions, But when I say my car runs so much better in the cool dry air, i'm not exaggerating.

For instance in the summer, from a roll in 1st, if I nail it there is absolutely no wheel spin period.....Nothing, I'm totally serious. In the winter from a roll in 1st , nailing it smokes those nitto all the way up to third, and this after they've been warmed up.

This was the reasons why I wanted to sell, it's reached a point that i hate driving it through the summer and really never do.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I know , I had someone local interested , took a deposit and all , was sure it was gone. Financing fell through.

I'm not sure if all 03/ 04 react differently in high heat/ humid conditions, But when I say my car runs so much better in the cool dry air, i'm not exaggerating.

For instance in the summer, from a roll in 1st, if I nail it there is absolutely no wheel spin period.....Nothing, I'm totally serious. In the winter from a roll in 1st , nailing it smokes those nitto all the way up to third, and this after they've been warmed up.

This was the reasons why I wanted to sell, it's reached a point that i hate driving it through the summer and really never do.

They act completely different! My car was an absolute dog in Vegas during the summer. Imagine 110*+ at 2,000+DA.... the car would barely chirp second! Then in the winter when it would get down in the 50's the car would dance all of the road if you nailed it in 2nd!

My old CO loved the winters here in Florida. Sea level plus 50-60* (here on the west cost) was like you added some giggle gas.

Last edited:

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
I live in Kentucky and took my car to the track last night. Air temp was about 25 degrees cooler than the last time it ran and the et dropped 4 tenths with no new performance mods. I was speechless when I saw the timeslip! Love this cool air for sure!

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Another awesome day with cool oxygen filled air, taking her to work again tonight, only downfall? It's not my 28 mpg Saturn but I'd say the tradeoff is worth it, gotta hit the gas station again, haha

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
Glad to hear it's no just me. It's like someone snuck into my garage , pullied and tuned it.
I put more miles on it over the last few days than I did over the past 8 months.
Thanks for the input guys.

Now where's all those cars that toyed with me over the summer !!

3Stang

YMR# 9631
Established Member
I live in central. My vert is sooo quick. Its stock and breaks loose floored in second right now!

Users who are viewing this thread