Southern Super Heavyweight Shootout

TooManyFords

carpe noctum.
Established Member
HwyCruiser said:
:-D

Yup, and I figure my car is the mildest of the bunch (please don't pick on the slow kid). I hope you guys are reading up on the NHRA rules for your anticipated ETs.

The SSHS5 site says they will be looking for driveshaft loops on 12.99 or quicker cars. I've already got one on order from Metco. Looks like if you break 11.99 they'll be looking for a roll bar. Ya'll running the 360 pulley better watch your trap speeds or you'll be sitting in the stands.

:poke:

That reminds me, I gotta get a loop ordered tomorrow! As for the rollbar, I'll just sandbag until the finals and then dial in a really low number and let 'er rip!

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
HwyCruiser said:

Yup, and I figure my car is the mildest of the bunch (please don't pick on the slow kid). I hope you guys are reading up on the NHRA rules for your anticipated ETs.

The SSHS5 site says they will be looking for driveshaft loops on 12.99 or quicker cars. I've already got one on order from Metco. Looks like if you break 11.99 they'll be looking for a roll bar. Ya'll running the 360 pulley better watch your trap speeds or you'll be sitting in the stands.

If you read further, the roll bar rule does not apply to full size sedans unless you go below 11.49...which is no where near where I will be. I may have mis-ready this though, but will check..

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
HwyCruiser said:

I also heard that if youhave an X-pipe that a driveshaft loop is not required, as the x-pipe would catch the driveshaft if it broke. Anyone know if this is true? :shrug:

Last edited:

2Marauders

FordNut was already taken
Established Member
The roll bar rule was changed last year, they apparently have the old rules posted. It was dropped from 11.99 to 11.49.

HwyCruiser

Procharger #3
Established Member
2Marauders said:
The roll bar rule was changed last year, they apparently have the old rules posted. It was dropped from 11.99 to 11.49.

Cool, thanks for the clarification. Give 'em hell men.

CrimZon

Established Member
Hmmm, I hope I can make it. It all depends on a few changes we have going on at work right now. I would love to make it out there, and get a few runs on the new S/C. It looks like I might need to get a driveshaft loop on order though.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
HwyCruiser said:
Just booked a room at the Ramada. See ya'll there!

Keep that Hotel contact information. I am still waiting to see if I have the day off. If so I will have to scramble for a room.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
Keep that Hotel contact information. I am still waiting to see if I have the day off. If so I will have to scramble for a room.

Me and Shakes_26 will be there, waitin' on ya!! :beer:

Smokie

Established Member
CrimZon said:
... It looks like I might need to get a driveshaft loop on order though.

Nevermind, I checked the rules, required if you run below 12.99.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread