Spacer Thickness

Omidster

Established Member
Hello everyone
I've researched on this subject a lot, but have not been able to find an answer. t I'm debating between getting 1/2" or 3/8" thick spacers for my set up. I want to go with the 3/8" thick, but I'm not sure that the 3/8" is going to clear my tires from the low profile IRS bolts. I have the Toyo PROXES TQ in 315/ 35/ 17s and they are almost 12.5" wide. Following is my set up:
315/35/17 tires
AFS replica rims 10.5 x 17
Lowered on H&R sports with all isos intact.
Not sure if I'll need to roll the fenders.

I'd appreciate any thoughts.

Last edited:

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
3/8" spacers should work, make sure you get the hubcentric kind.

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
3/8" should be fine. I just installed 315 TQ's on a 17x10.5 rim. Used Lethal's 3/8" spacer + ET lug nuts. I had the rear fenders rolled last Oct. in preparation for this. I'm on 3/4 coil cut stock springs.

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
OP, here are the pics you requested. I don't have any good ones showing the tires in relation to the fenders though. The car is filthy in the first two shots. The front shot kind of shows what the overall stance looks like. Hope this helps.
CopyofIMG_0855.gif

CopyofIMG_0853.gif

IMG_0891.gif

Omidster

Established Member
OP, here are the pics you requested. I don't have any good ones showing the tires in relation to the fenders though. The car is filthy in the first two shots. The front shot kind of shows what the overall stance looks like. Hope this helps.

They helped a lot. Thank you so much for the pictures. Great looking car by the way and great stance.

bubblehead93

Established Member
different 17x10.5 wheels have different offsets...

really recommend you decide where you want the sidewall to be relative to the fender and then take some measurements and figure out the spacer you need from there. make sure you upgrade your wheel studs to ones made out of 8740.

jmo.

Users who are viewing this thread