Spacing and Lowering

Kirko

Established Member
Going to do my 01 Cobra this year. I like the stock look but the ride height and the rear wheel sitting deep inside bugs the crap out of me.

After reading some threads it seems that the H&R Race Springs are the choice to go with. Nothing flashy low and brings the car down plenty. So probably going to go with those

Looking for wheel spacers though to bring the rear wheels out some. I saw some people have used the 25mm spacers on the factory rims and they said they still wish they were a little wider. They were saying something about wanting to try a 30mm spacer but AM only has a 25mm, 35mm and 38mm(1.5"). Anyone use the 35mms with the stock rims? Anyone have pictures with the 25mms or the 35mms?

Any recommendations on which size and brand? I don't want the rear to stick out passed the fender, a tiny bit inside like the front would be ideal.

Viking42

Established Member
35mm spacers should not make the stock wheels extend beyond the fender. With the 30mm spacers I am running I still have a good 3/4" - 1" of clearance to the outside edge of the fender.

Users who are viewing this thread