Spark plug gap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OBX Steve

Banned
Need help finding the recommended spark plug gap. Pulled a plug and it was a little over .060. I bought some NGK's and the gap is .044. I think .060 is too much gap. Should I just leave the .044 gap.

Torchy

Established Member
We need to know a few more details about your set up. I assume NA?

Torchy

Established Member
I'd go .050. If it breaks up just go down to .045. Might even be able to get away with .055

enrique_5.ohh

Established Member
Might be a dumb question I'm running NGK tr6 (2315) iridium and I gapped then at .053 in my NA coyote with basic bolts on. The car runs strong and haven't really had a problem with it but I heard that those plugs are not the right ones for a coyote???
Has anyone tell me if it will hurt my engine in the long run??

Sent from my iPad using svtperformance.com

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Might be a dumb question I'm running NGK tr6 (2315) iridium and I gapped then at .053 in my NA coyote with basic bolts on. The car runs strong and haven't really had a problem with it but I heard that those plugs are not the right ones for a coyote???
Has anyone tell me if it will hurt my engine in the long run??

Sent from my iPad using svtperformance.com
Um, did you see the date of this thread?

vortecd

Established Member
LTR6IX-11 6509 should be the correct ones. You would have to do some searching (google) to see what the difference is (probably length)

As far as gap I would not go more then what is recommended for stock. More gap will not make more power and there is a chance you can blow it out which you will make less power. More gap may get you a little better gas mileage

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Maybe go check out the wheels/tires/brakes section and hand out the first place award to the guy who replied to a 6 1/2 year old thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not my normal section, but I will now. I rarely come in here. Hit the report deal when that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread