Spark plug gap

FastazzL

Hot Potato Handler
Established Member
I did a search of the forum and found lots of answers on what the gap should be if you have certain mods, but my truck is still stock. I'm not sure what the gap should be with my stock engine so if somebody could chime in and let me know, that would be great. I just want to get the truck ready for the drive down to the GTG on the 28th. :D

AJ

G'sLightning

Established Member
I agree i set mine (Tr6's) between .036-.038. My stockers were anywere from .043-.046.....Ooppps didnt see you were stock....What Slider said. :beer:

Last edited:

wyd_trkr

-
Established Member
FastazzL said:
I did a search of the forum and found lots of answers on what the gap should be if you have certain mods, but my truck is still stock. I'm not sure what the gap should be with my stock engine so if somebody could chime in and let me know, that would be great. I just want to get the truck ready for the drive down to the GTG on the 28th. :D

AJ
FastazzL, on a stock Lightning, I would gap them at a tight .040 for overall driving, without any pulley modifications performed on your vehicle. Also, if you do decide to install a 4 lb. or 6 lb. Lower Crank Pulley later on, then I would strongly suggest you gap them at .035 .037 , to help lower the cylinder temperatures and optimize performance , under wide open throttle.

Hope this helps, as I am a firm believer in NGK TR6's , even gapped at .040 on a Bone Stock Lightning, verses the Iridium or Platinum plugs.

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread