Spark Plug Problems

slick4_6

Established Member
Heli Coil R5326-14L Spark Plug Sav-A-Thread Insert M14 Long HELR5326-14L

I found the 2nd from the rear on the passenger side had one of these on the spark plug when I removed it and the electrode was burnt off. The rest of the plugs have been factory original with 56K miles on them and they are all good so far but with a .05 gap. I am going to go buy another one so I can get back on the road for today. Will it be alright to run it like that? I know the tune probably needs to be looked at.

Last edited:

slick4_6

Established Member
I meant the heli-coil. I am gapping all the new plugs at .034. I searched and found that but couldn't find anything about heli-coils only timeserts.

Last edited:

slick4_6

Established Member
I should have clarified that while I was changing my plugs I found this bad one. All the rest look good. Here is the bad one. I got a new heli-coil and installed it and fresh plugs(TR6). It is running a lot better but I am unsure of the heli-coil for long term.

0321091402.jpg

Last edited:

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Heli coils suck.. Heli-coils, and timecerts dont allow the heat to transfer from the plug, to the head like they should, which is probably why that one plug burned up, and the rest were ok.

Users who are viewing this thread