Spark plug questions

WGUNGHO

Established Member
My 97 just hit 65k, so I thought I'd change the plugs. After I pulled them out, I noticed that they were two different part numbers. The ones in the right bank were ASWF 32E, and the left ones were ASWF 32EG. Both banks had the factory paint on the end, but the colors were different. Surely I don't need two different plugs, do I? I replaced then with Irridiium.

Fastanglx90

Established Member
yes u can use the same part number plugs for both sides..i jsut replaced mine with some autolites same number for both sides.

WGUNGHO

Established Member
I think you gotta believe it. I had the two different plugs installed as the tech article said. I'd just never heard of it before.

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
My plugs had different part #'s on both sides also, i wondered why Ford did that. It's crazy how they find even the smallest things that save them $$ in the long run.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Well we (alot of us) have been running the same on both sides for years so I'm not worried.

It looks as though one side grounds from center out and the other from outside to center (didn't feel like typing electrode)

So they did this to make them waer more evenly and make the long haul before tune up.
None of us try to go 100,000miles before changing plugs so it's nothing to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread