Spark plugs. have autolite app103..

cobra101

Established Member
anyone know how these are? I think I will gap them at .034 or so, sound right?

i have autoilite ar103 plugs installed for a long time and like em. But I have a set of APP103 plugs that I am going to install tomorrow. I think they will do just fine, any experience with them?

-cobra101

Juruense

Banned
The AP-103 is a fat electrode platinum plug. The stock recommendation is a fine electrode platinum plug (AGSF12-FM1) and most people run fine electrode plugs in these cars. Although they would probably be fine there are better choices out there.

cobra101

Established Member
Well... plugs are in...

I Thought you meant the APP103 is a fatty. I exchanged my APP103 for just AP103. The PP is double platinum (figured fat) and the AP is just normal platinum (figured fine). The 103's temp range should be good for my app. I left the gap at .044 or so. Problems are gone. Runs great again. The old plugs looked horrible (40k miles and I beat on it).

All is well.

Thanks much.

Next is clutch. Think I am putting stock back in.. 56k miles and it did me right.

cobra101

Established Member
No blowout.

Seems to run great. I thought it may be a lil much. I believe i gapped the previous ones at like .034-.036. BUT when i took them out they were at like >.050

If anything strange happens I will take em out and regap em, but they work great thus far. 100% better than the old beat up ones. No blowout to speak of. I am running bout 14lbs boost.

thanks much for your help

-cobra101

cobra101

Established Member
welll.... update..

I now notice what seems to be a dirty air filter (cleaning this weekend) or spark blowout at lower rpms. Is blowout more likely or noticeable at lower rpms under load then let's say 3k or above wot?

The car is certainly BETTER. But to make it perfect, if it persists I will regapp em at about .035.

thanks much,

cobra101

cobra101

Established Member
.Latest. I removed and regapped the plugs to .034 Much better. I guess on most cars .010 difference wouldn't matter but on these 15psi monsters it really did.

Thanks for all the help.

-cobra101

Users who are viewing this thread