Spark plugs

lockman

Established Member
Ok I've searched the web searched this sight. I know spark plugs are really easy to change on just about every car I've worked on so what do you have to take off to get to them on this car. So far the worst car ever to change them and wires on is a srt10 viper truck they run the plug wires under the damn intake on that thing. So I would like to know what I have to remove to change the spark plugs on the gt500. Thanks

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
Very easy. I just did mine this morning:

1. drivers side: take cold air intake off and put aside
2. undo 2 screws for the spark plug covers (per side)
3. remove plugs.

BTW, coming from a 2006 Viper, I know how much of a bitch it is to change the plug wires.

mullens

Established Member
A hint: You have to use a long extension because the plugs are so deep. Tape the socket to the extension so there's no chance of it popping off.

Krieger

Established Member
From the 03/04 which is similar, but the '13/'14 throttle body and CAI are on the driver side instead of the pass side:
Spark Plug Install on 03-04 Cobra Mustang - Mustang Evolution

pic1.jpg

pic3.jpg

featurecar50

Established Member
How often are we supposed to change the spark plugs on our GT500? Should you use antisieze when reinstalling?

mullens

Established Member
How often are we supposed to change the spark plugs on our GT500? Should you use antisieze when reinstalling?

I always use a small amount of anti-seize. What's more important is the torque. Don't over tighten.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
From the 2013 GT500 Owners Manual Supplement - Pages 39 & 52

ENGINE SPARK PLUG INTERVAL
To keep your high performance engine operating at peak performance, the spark plug service interval is every 45,000 miles (72,000 kilometers).
See the Motorcraft® Part Numbers chart for the specific spark plug application

This is assuming that the car is unmodified and is driving exactly like the manual suggests. In other words, long spark plug life = no fun for you.
I'm sure that the way I drive my car, my plugs are going to last 100,000 miles.

mullens

Established Member
From the 2013 GT500 Owners Manual Supplement - Pages 39 & 52

ENGINE SPARK PLUG INTERVAL
To keep your high performance engine operating at peak performance, the spark plug service interval is every 45,000 miles (72,000 kilometers).
See the Motorcraft® Part Numbers chart for the specific spark plug application

This is assuming that the car is unmodified and is driving exactly like the manual suggests. In other words, long spark plug life = no fun for you.
I'm sure that the way I drive my car, my plugs are going to last 100,000 miles.

There you go. As a side note, for the first time I'm actually going to Ford and getting plugs instead of aftermarket.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread