SpdKilz TT Z06 vs. Modified Porsche 996 TT Plus More!

SpdKilz

Established Member
(Right Click Save As - 15.9Mb) - http://www.spdkilz.org/Video-Audio/My Z06/SpdKilzvsOAce.wmv

A quick video of my TT Z06 racing my buddies Awais’ modified Porsche 996 Turbo, Mike’s Head/Cam Z28 (auto), Mike vs. Will’s cammed Z06, etc.

I put down 548rwhp at .3 bar and the Turbo is said to be 530+ awhp at 1.3 bar with the modifications he has done. Both the Turbo owner and myself were surprised by the outcome (if that tells you anything).

The song in the video is Serj Tankian - The Unthinking Majority.

The Z06 is still having some tuning issues and I need to desperately get exhaust cutouts. Down low the car PULLS…It seems that up top is where I begin to slack a bit and the extra hp I’ll get from the cutouts should help (and you can actually HEAR my car maybe, ha). I am running an essentially stock TI exhaust which is pretty damn restrictive.

Hopefully the Z06 will get out a bit more before winter. It went from 90’s to low 50’s within a week here (stupid Chicago weather). We’ll see how well everything holds up!

- Carleton

ib6-ub9

Established Member
lol you make me feel like a ricer cuase my GT is twice as loud as your TTz06 :rolling:

JADITO

Crazy Mofo
Established Member
A quick video of my TT Z06 racing my buddies Awais’ modified Porsche 996 Turbo, Mike’s Head/Cam Z28 (auto), Mike vs. Will’s cammed Z06, etc.

same awais o-ace from racingflix.com??

SpdKilz

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments guys!

Yep, that is Awais from RacingFlix...have known the guy for years and he lives right by me. Great guy!

Georgie - .....no.... What does that have to do with anything?

1.8t - Awais claims around 530+ with his mods (awhp)...but he has never been to the dyno. What is odd is the fact I put about a car or two on him last year when he was stock, and I had my head/cam setup. He was a stock X50 vs my 442rwhp Z06. THe results were exactly the opposite this year. With my 550rwhp and his 530+ he pulled a car or two on me up top. We are still trying to figure that one out! I just need to bump it up a psi or two and get cutouts. That should take me to about low 6's in rwhp but will REALLY be pushing my stock block. I'm 550 right now with a conservative tune.

- Carleton

Last edited:

Brandon619

Established Member
Hey Speedkillz, nice run's. What type of tune do you have? I've been running EFI Live with a 2 bar Speed Density Tune and love it. I would highly recommend SD tune if you are not. Great videos and fast cars :coolman:.

Users who are viewing this thread