Speaker Help

MustangManiac69

Established Member
Hi i have an 03 mustang gt and i wanted to replace all my speakers but i didnt know how many there are? is it just two in the back and two in the front? and what size do i need?
Thanks

bleedout

Established Member
You should have the mach sound system correct? If so yes 2 rears and then 2 door speakers plus the tweeters mounted on top of door panel. And they are all amplified fyi.

chrisroy

Established Member
i have rockford fosgate punch p1683. they are 2009 or 2010 models, picked up two pair brand new on ebay for 63 each and retail for 130 for two on fosgates site. there is a bunch on ebay.

MustangManiac69

Established Member
Is there anything special I have to do or can I just buy the four speakers and install them? Also what kind if tweeters can I get that will fit?
Thanks

chrisroy

Established Member
You can just buy the speakers and install them, the rear deck drops down for the install. I don't believe they make a 2.5 inch tweeter I've researched it. Just adding a 3way speaker will help improve the sound quality I didn't change my tweeters and it sound real clear

MustangManiac69

Established Member
the reason im buying all new speakers is cause i have subs so when i first got them i turned the bass up a good amount and i think i blew them out cause it makes a weird noise now with bass lol so what do i do to replace the tweeters?

MustangManiac69

Established Member

chrisroy

Established Member
im big into audio and you pay for what you get, those tweeters are going to be crap for 2.99 its basically a factory tweeter. you should just get a 3-way speaker which has the speaker a mid range and tweeter all in one, so it will deff be more clear with the 3-ways plus with the stock tweeters. if you want good clear sound you are gonna have to spend some money.

chrisroy

Established Member
Yes 3 ways. Those tweeters you posted you will prob have to mod the frame for them to fit being that they have 4 mount holes and the stock tweeters r only 2 mount holes

MustangManiac69

Established Member
So if I buy those 3 way speakers I technically dont need tweeters right so can I just take out the tweeters I have from stock and just have the 4 speakers or do I need tweeters?

Users who are viewing this thread