Speaker Questions

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
I know there are a few old topics but i didn't see an answer to all the questions i had.

1) I do not want to change my head unit from stock. Can i add an amp to solve power issues if i change all 4 speakers? I think i read that 5x7 and 6x8 speakers will work. Is that correct?

2)Can the head unit handle some pretty good speakers?

3) Are all the speakers (front and rear) the same type speaker or should i buy different ones for the front and back.

Any other things i missed that i need to know would be appreciated.

LightningClint

Every Last DETAIL
Established Member
Talk to any local stereo shop and get a hi/low converter, and then you can run an amp with the stock head unit in order to properly power any good aftermarket speakers or a sub

04SB_SVT

Richard Cranium
Established Member

flsvt

pullin away
Established Member
i ran the stock deck and i used a line out converter i bought from best buy worked pretty decent,but you will get some highs through the sub.atleast i did

hpbean

Established Member
Get some very good front speakers and leave the rears factory or replace them with inexpensive 2-ways, your seats block most of the sound. I use a factory radio that is ipod/sat ready and it sounds pretty good, it runs to an Audio Control LC6i w/sub control and then to my amps,http://www.mobileaudiocontrol.com/dept.asp?d_id=17612&l1=17612
JL audio makes some good factory radio interfaces also.
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_cleansweep_pages.php?page_id=94

Which factory radio are you using that is ipod/sat ready?

04SB_SVT

Richard Cranium
Established Member
Which factory radio are you using that is ipod/sat ready?

This one,
http://oem-auto-accessory.com/6c2t_18c869_ab_am_fm_cd_mp3_with_sat_button_t100_plug_new.html

I am only using an ipod with it. There is an issue while using the ipod and not satellite radio. The way the factory radio's software is set up, when changing tracks, the music starts playing and then the data(song name) appears on the display. As soon as the data displays the radio( not the ipod/sat adapter) briefly mutes the song. From what I am told it does not do it while using the satellite radio. And there is no way to fix it. If you want ipod and no sat, find a Ford radio that is cd changer ready(will not display data) and does not have this issue.

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
Thanks for the input guys. I'm not gonna be putting a sub in just the door speakers and rear speakers. This head unit that has a SAT button, would a stock 01 have that???

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
the last truck i dealt with that had a converter sucked completely. For some dumb ass reason it tied the sub woofer into the right audio channel.
If you are gonna do it, please use a head unit and do it right, then again if youve read most of my posts you know im against half assing even the little things :)

04SB_SVT

Richard Cranium
Established Member
This head unit that has a SAT button, would a stock 01 have that???

No, they are out of some 2005&2006 model Escape's. You can get the from that link I posted above. Also after having my L broken into and everything stolen, the stock "look" is the best way to keep scumbags from violating your ride.

flsvt

pullin away
Established Member
i was thinkin of updating my stock deck to something better,but you know what id rather put the money into go fast parts.....which i did,and now that makes me happier then a deck ever could:)

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
i was thinkin of updating my stock deck to something better,but you know what id rather put the money into go fast parts.....which i did,and now that makes me happier then a deck ever could:)

Thats my thoughts too. This is the first rig i have ever put anything on besides go fast stuff. (Lowering and trying to get wheels)

I want to upgrade my sound a bit. I am not lookin to win a sound competition but the stock speaks sound like a bag of dung. Spend a little on the speakers and get an amp and that'll be fine with me. No cheapin out on the go fast portion of the truck

Users who are viewing this thread