Speaker upgrade, do we have subs?

nissenc1337

Established Member
I know the Shaker 1000 has a trunk mounted sub but i didn't know what the Shaker 500 did for subs. I may want to put in a a few replacement speakers to improve the sound quality while maintaining the OEM look.

Side note: the Shaker 1000 sub's aren't plug and play are they?

Adam03GT

Established Member
The shaker 500 has a sub in each door. They are 8" i believe and I think Kicker makes a direct fit replacement for them.

Adam03GT

Established Member

RioRed4v

Established Member
For those that have used the Kicker's in the doors... how would they act as a good mid-range sub/speaker compared to the factory one? I've upgraded all my other speakers and put in a sub, but just wondering if the door subs would be worth the upgrade to the Kickers.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Shelby kit is a waste of money if you're keeping the stock sub amp. The grills look out of place in a 2010+ interior, and that's being kind. The stock amp/sub setup ulitizes a DVC 1.2 ohm speaker. They're replacing this with a 2ohm single VC sub so output will be dramatically reduced. To accomplish anything useful you need to replace the amp and subs together.

Adding a Shaker 1000 setup is definitely not P&P, nor is it worth the effort in stock configuration. It's easy enough to add a good trunk sub setup but not necessarily cheap.

steveofiveo

Established Member
I didnt want to spend the money and replace ths entire system so I took the front door speakers and put the in the rear deck and put a nice set of pioneers in the doors. Sounds decent.

Users who are viewing this thread