Speaking of Shiftknobs???

SnkBitPny

Established Member
I picked up a Mach 1 shift knob and had a buddy of mine powder coat it flat black. It matches my interior nicely and its comfortable.

heavychevy

Established Member
I have a fatknob one in my gt, i like it because its big and fits the hand nice, but seemed a bit cheap to me. There were no metal thread inserts or anything, it looked like they just tap the knob itself... Other than that i love it.
That monster knob one is .25 smaller than the fatknob..
I ended up getting this one from steeda for my cobra and like it. Its alot better quality than the fat knob in my opinion..
Black Cue Ball Shift Knob - '79-'04 Ford Mustang

4camgt

Bleeding blue since 76'
Established Member
I have a fatknob one in my gt, i like it because its big and fits the hand nice, but seemed a bit cheap to me. There were no metal thread inserts or anything, it looked like they just tap the knob itself... Other than that i love it.
That monster knob one is .25 smaller than the fatknob..
I ended up getting this one from steeda for my cobra and like it. Its alot better quality than the fat knob in my opinion..
Black Cue Ball Shift Knob - '79-'04 Ford Mustang

hmm looks like i might go with the monster knob(metal insert) i really dont like that cheap feel. steedas looks nice, but i dont want the 5-speed pattern on it. ty for the input gents:rockon:

and if anyone else has a monster knob(the shifter lol) let me know your expierence.

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
^ My steeda only has the steeda logo on it...

+1 for the steeda i had the plastic mgw one with the cobra emblem on it and my hand would constantly slip off it in the warm weather.

Users who are viewing this thread