Spec 3+ Dead?

Venomous04

Established Member
So about 4,000 miles ago I had the following installed:

Spec 3+ Clutch
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
Liberty 26 spline input shaft
Mcleod TOB retainer sleeve

The other day while driving to the airport I put the clutch in and I heard really loud metal on metal grinding/squealing. I had to drive the car out of the parking structure to get it on the flatbed. The peddle was soft and vibrated a lot as did the shifter, the clutch was smoking pretty badly too (smoke coming out of the hood) just going 5mph.

So best case scenario maybe it's just the TOB, however more likely I will need a whole new setup, should I stick with the Spec 3+ or should I try a different setup? My mechanic will be inspecting it shortly to find out the full extent of damage.

I have 558 WHP & 557 TQ (click link in sig and scroll down for mods), and I haven't hit the track once with the new setup, and I babied it for the first 2,000 miles to break it in properly, so I'm not sure why it died :/

Marc.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I personally haven't seen a Stage 3+ fail yet so I would say it is most likely a bad TOB but I'd like to see what it actually was that failed. As far as what you should go with next I see no reason why the Stage 3+ won't work for you again. Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with. Thanks, Jared

Venomous04 said:
So about 4,000 miles ago I had the following installed:

Spec 3+ Clutch
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
Liberty 26 spline input shaft
Mcleod TOB retainer sleeve

The other day while driving to the airport I put the clutch in and I heard really loud metal on metal grinding/squealing. I had to drive the car out of the parking structure to get it on the flatbed. The peddle was soft and vibrated a lot as did the shifter, the clutch was smoking pretty badly too (smoke coming out of the hood) just going 5mph.

So best case scenario maybe it's just the TOB, however more likely I will need a whole new setup, should I stick with the Spec 3+ or should I try a different setup? My mechanic will be inspecting it shortly to find out the full extent of damage.

I have 558 WHP & 557 TQ (click link in sig and scroll down for mods), and I haven't hit the track once with the new setup, and I babied it for the first 2,000 miles to break it in properly, so I'm not sure why it died :/

Marc.

Users who are viewing this thread