Spec 3+ Vs Puck Style Clutches

DaveMan

COBRA COMMANDER
Established Member
I'm in the market for a new clutch. I had the Spec stage 3+ in my old car and liked it and it held hard.

Just wondering, since the Spec 3+ is a full faced disc and would be heavier would it slow down power and speed shifts?

Is there any other benefits a puck style will give over a full faced disc? Just performance wise and fast shifting.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
i have ran both styles. The issue I had with the puck clutch(CF DFX) was the pucks warped. So everytime I pushed in the clutch it wouldn't disengage fully. When I took it out it was warped. I had it adjusted properly. I prefer the full disc set-up.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Although there are folks that have had good success with the DFX, the vast majority of Terminator owners prefer the full disc setup. Have never heard of a full face clutch disc slowing down shifting.

DaveMan

COBRA COMMANDER
Established Member
Going with the Spec Stage 3+ then with a steel flywheel.

I saw a thread before on here but can't find it now. It was about installing a 3+ and having to use an adjustable pivot ball and Steeda quick release (I have the Steeda double hook now), does anyone know where that thread is?

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
you dont need those parts. I run a upr tripple hook and micor click adjuster with no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread