Spec Stage III clutch installed today

Skudra

Established Member
Well it got installed today and my first impressions are good. It is quite a bit easier to puch the clutch in and feels a lot easier and shorter. It seems to grab good and seems to be a lot smoother on acceleration but I havent really tested it because I gotta let it break in and mate. How long should I wait? Also, first is a bit notchy and it feels almost slippery, but I am sure that this is because it has not had time to mate. Anyways, I will update you guys in a couple weeks when its broken in and I can really test it.

Last edited:

blk96SVT

Established Member
Good to hear. I waited as long as I could to break it in. I babied it pretty good for 500 or so miles then got on it a little (didn't lauch or anything like that). Then by nearly a thousand I was driving like normal. It definitely grabs like a SOB though, I like it. I hope mine holds up

Skudra

Established Member
I got a shop to do the install and it cost me an arm and leg at $575 CDN total w/ takes. I coulda saved 35 bucks if SPEC had given me the right release bearing...apparently it didnt fit so the shop had to use a different one. And yes they resurfaced the flywheel. So far I like it, seems good but like I said I havent had much time to get on it.

Oh and its about $460 US if you dont want to convert it over.

Users who are viewing this thread