Special thanks to Doug@BilletFlow and RaceRat

OverToad

Established Member
Dumb DSL is being cranky tonight :nonono:

Anyway, I wanted to thank RaceRat for taking time out of her schedule to work on a little project for me. And also to Doug for fitting some special requests in when I know good-and-well that he doesn't really have the time.

The project is just a little something to customize the inside of my engine bay, and they both have gone far beyond the call to help me do it.

Thank you Tracy, and thank you Doug :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone in Ennis!

-Kurt

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
OK Underfrog.... Spill the beans! You can't just post up a big thank-you like that without giving us a hint of what the hell you're talking about... What's new under the hood dude?

U.M.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
hehe...Toad's big secret!;-)
Can't wait to see the finished product.

My part was small, but I was happy to help. You're welcome Kurt.:beer:

dougwg

Established Member
Originally posted by racerat
hehe...Toad's big secret!;-)
Can't wait to see the finished product.

My part was small, but I was happy to help. You're welcome Kurt.:beer:

Tracy saved me about 3 hours cad time....not so small of a part if you ask me.:beer:
Thanks again Tracy!

BTW:
Originally posted by Uncle Meat
Underfrog.... U.M.

HAHAHAHA....:lol:

Last edited:

OverToad

Established Member
The project is just a little something to customize the inside of my engine bay...

This really is just a "little something", trust me.

Prior to this Cobra, I never really did any dress-up work under the hood. Yet the bug has bitten me, and so I picked up the red idlers and bracket, along with the engraved/anodized TB. I wanted something a little funky under the hood, and also decided to switch from a DC intake to an under-hood intake. I've had zero problems with my DenseCharger, but it didn't jive with what I wanted to do, so far as a little custom dressup went.

Basically, I've come up with a Toad-like design, which will then be engraved into the heat shield of a Steeda CAI, which Doug has in his posession right now. I'm no artist (as the design will surely show), and have zero knowledge of CAD programs. This is where RaceRat comes in. She, in her unending generosity, offered to take my design, and rebuild it so that Doug could work with it. My design wasn't sized right to fit Doug's program. So RaceRat made the corrections necessary. :thumbsup:

The pictures I'm going to show weren't meant to be presented for public inspection, so please reserve judgement until Doug produces the finished product.

The final decision I'm contemplating is whether or not to engrave this design onto the stainless steel shield, or to fab up an aluminum shield, which would then be anodized and engraved. In reality, since we're at it, I'm strongly thinking that I'll just go ahead and do BOTH, and switch back and forth as my heart desires. Furthermore, if I like one, but don't like the other, I've got both bases covered :coolman:

Here's my initial design, followed by a rendering of how it might look on the heat shield, and finally how it's drawn up in CAD to work with the cutter path. The idea was to appear as though the Toad is climbing up the shield, and looking back at whomever has opened the engine (I know, I know. Cheesy, but hey, I'm a little quirky anyway ;-) ) :

Last edited:

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Hmmmm. ME LIKEY! Its got an Island or tribal look to the toad design. Very cool if it comes out the way you expect it to. Nothing wrong with some Bling-Bling under the hood!

U.M.

OverToad

Established Member
When Doug said he had the ability to engrave this, I jumped at the chance.

Doug does top-notch work, and isn't a "cheap date", hehe. Many will believe that I'm throwing away good money, but just like my nickname being engraved on my TB, I wanted something that really personalizes my car.

Again, thanks Doug, and Tracy :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
I think it's a cool idea, and a great design.

If I ever get a tattoo remind me to contact The Artist Formerly Known as Overtoad for some design ideas. :)

Can't wait to see it.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> Many will believe that I'm throwing away good money...

It's your money. Throw it wherever you like. Throwing it in my direction would not be a bad idea either =>)

dougwg

Established Member
Dang,,,,,, I just noticed the machine time,,,,, 3hours, 42minutes, 16 seconds....:eek::eek::eek:

Toad ... you owe me dinner when I get to Texas, and I like Steak! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread