Specs Site?

SmithAtlanta

Established Member
I am trying to find a web site that lists the stock specs of my Mustang..... that is more specific that bore and stroke and torque and horsepower. Anyone know of any site that would list things like throttle body size and mass air flow meter size?

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Smith, I'll copy your message on the Mustang section of the board. You'll probably get some more traffic from over there...

StangD281

Established Member
2002 GT -- 65mm TB, 85mm MA
2001 GT -- 65mm TB, 80mm MA

So I guess if you want to get technical about it, the 2002 might be a hare faster due to that extra 5mm in the MA. :shrug: ;-)

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Bore for all 4.6's is 90.2mm
Stroke for all 4.6's 90.0 mm

2001+ GTs have a 9.5 to 1 compression ratio vs. the 9.0 to 1 ratio for 96-2000 GTs

Ford has rated the GT at 260HP and 300 TQ on the flywheel since 1999. My 2001GT made those numbers on the rear wheels with only a Densecharger CAI.

Stock injector sizes are 19# in all 4.6 GTs

Stock intake valve size 1.752 inch
Stock exhaust valve size 1.417 inch

Stock valve spring rates 68 lbs of seat pressure 171 lbs open pressure.

Shall I continue? ;-)
:burnout:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by StangD281

:lol: LOL....something tells me he has more :D

Oh yeah! I've been doing a little research. I'll have this 2V thing whipped pretty soon.

What I've learned.
Changing cams means you gotta change the spring, locks, retainers, and valves aren't a bad idea either. The stock 2 piece units can break under higer rpms. Heads work quite well with minor porting work.

SmithAtlanta

Established Member
Great Info... I had heard that the 02 had a 70mm TB but after reading posts on some other boards, it actually is 65mm. The horse on the top of the TB had confused some people that had bought the aftermarket TB...

StangD281

Established Member
Originally posted by GR8WHITE

Oh yeah! I've been doing a little research. I'll have this 2V thing whipped pretty soon.

What I've learned.
Changing cams means you gotta change the spring, locks, retainers, and valves aren't a bad idea either. The stock 2 piece units can break under higer rpms. Heads work quite well with minor porting work.
Something tells me there is a little more than a CAI & a catback on the damn car.....HENCE THE 13.4 ;-) :D

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Nope that was with the above listed items. That's why I'm hoping for 12's in NJ. Better location, better track, one more item on the car. Still no power adder and no gear.

StangD281

Established Member
Better location, better track, one more item on the car. Still no power adder and no gear.
What's the one more item??? Is that the Densecharger, or ARE YOU GOING TO SPRAY US ALL? ;-)

SmithAtlanta

Established Member
Bore for all 4.6's is 90.2mm
Stroke for all 4.6's 90.0 mm

2001+ GTs have a 9.5 to 1 compression ratio vs. the 9.0 to 1 ratio for 96-2000 GTs

Ford has rated the GT at 260HP and 300 TQ on the flywheel since 1999. My 2001GT made those numbers on the rear wheels with only a Densecharger CAI.

Stock injector sizes are 19# in all 4.6 GTs

Stock intake valve size 1.752 inch
Stock exhaust valve size 1.417 inch

Stock valve spring rates 68 lbs of seat pressure 171 lbs open pressure.

Shall I continue? ;-)
:burnout:

Did you go with the MAF forward Densecharger or the TB forward Densecharger? I am thinking about buying the MAF forward kit to mate up with exhaust system I am buying....

StangD281

Established Member
GR8WHITE & I both have the full TB forward setup. Easy install, realtively inexpensive, and the car responded well with it installed.

SmithAtlanta

Established Member
Originally posted by StangD281
GR8WHITE & I both have the full TB forward setup. Easy install, realtively inexpensive, and the car responded well with it installed.

I think I might do the TB forward then.... Do you think getting a larger TB(70mm) while I do the CAI would give me anymore horses? I figure that since I was working in that area, I might do this also....

StangD281

Established Member
Definitely go with the full Densecharger. Upping the TB to the 70mm will give you a COUPLE horses at best if you are running with no power adder. Strap on the blower & the TB will show larger results. But to answer your question, it won't hurt you, but performance is minimal for your situation.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Get the Densecharger complete to TB kit. That is the best way to go. If you don't delete all the rubber with flex bends in it, then the heat soak and turbulance is still there.

From the SN-95 section. Same holds here though. ;-)

SmithAtlanta

Established Member
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get the Densecharger complete to TB kit. That is the best way to go. If you don't delete all the rubber with flex bends in it, then the heat soak and turbulance is still there.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the SN-95 section. Same holds here though. ;-)

Well, I definitely don't want turbulence. I know what it can do to my stomach on an airplane. :D

I am going to buy the TB forward model but I have to wait because I want a Steeda STB(part of G-TRAC kit I am ordering) and the current densecharger doesn't fit right on the 02 with a STB.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
:??: Sorry. It is a very good item though. Especially the nice block off plate that seals the K&N away from the engine bay.

Users who are viewing this thread