Speed cal removal

joker21705

Established Member
So I recently got a sct tuner to correct my speedo cause it was off and at the moment I was putting in cobra bobs gaskets and noticed this how do I remove it can I just cut it out and leave the wires? I can't get under the car at the moment
56e9a82a47c9c531c62395903c8c7d16.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
At the side of the tranny, there is the wire which sends the speed to the computer. You will need to remove the splice in that wire from the speedcal and tie those 2 ends together.

However, if your tuner corrected the speedo in the tune, removing the speedcal will make the speedo read incorrectly and you will need to readjust in your tune.

It may be easier to leave the speedcal in place.

joker21705

Established Member
At the side of the tranny, there is the wire which sends the speed to the computer. You will need to remove the splice in that wire from the speedcal and tie those 2 ends together.

However, if your tuner corrected the speedo in the tune, removing the speedcal will make the speedo read incorrectly and you will need to readjust in your tune.

It may be easier to leave the speedcal in place.

Thanks for the reply, ya i just left it in since it's not really harming anything ( it wasn't really doing anything either since the speedo was off lol ). The SCT tuner corrected the speedo although i was told the car has 3.73 gears but had to put the tuner at 3.27 to correct the speedo but i am guessing since there is a speed cal in the car it was making the tuner think it has 3.27's for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread