Speed Comparison: GT vs. F1.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
yea it is pretty crazy how f'n fast the f1 cars are. lol

i wish i could see a comparison between f1 and indy cars.

Last edited:

Blown 89

Established Member
That was posted on Autoblog a while back.....the guy who filmed that posted comments on the article. It's mind blowing how fast those cars are. I was blown away when I saw my first F1 race....the cars don't look that fast until the pace car comes out and you realize a track prepped Mercedes is squeeling the tires and pushing the limits while the pack behind it is leisurely swerving back and forth warming their tires.

Last edited:

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Is that video on the right sped up? I know F1 cars are brutal, but damn..lol.

6.0GTO

Established Member
Even being much older, a comparison with some Gruppe C cars that were on the sharp end of qualifying would be a better comparison. All time lap record at the ring has been held by a Gruppe C Porsche for a really long time.

Eau Rouge has been a famous corner since the track opening. Passing has always been dangerous there too. Stefan Bellof was forced off the track during a passing attempt and subsequently lost his life. Nasty head on impact. That crash inspired many of the design changes for Porsche moving from the 956 to the 962. The driver was placed further back providing more protection.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgtZe-iQH1U"]Death of Stefan Bellof in Spa - YouTube[/nomedia]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread