Speed of sound

dfroehli

Established Member
Anybody recently order a triple pod from speed of sound? I have been try to do so but get no replay on my emails? I can't just place an order online as I live in Canada and the web site does not allow it. So I was trying to order by other means. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Dammit I was looking for someone to do custom work. SOS had responded to my email promptly and professionally.
Who recommended for maybe a 2-gauge A-pillar pod N-gauge, Ethanol percentage and shift light.
-J

RBB

Established Member
Dammit I was looking for someone to do custom work. SOS had responded to my email promptly and professionally.
Who recommended for maybe a 2-gauge A-pillar pod N-gauge, Ethanol percentage and shift light.
-J
Were they actually going to build you one? I spoke with them about a year and a half ago about doing an A pillar pod that would fit an N gauge. The owner told me they had looked at it, but decided the Ngauge was too big, and they weren't going to do it. Seemed a bit short sighted to me since you know they would have no problem selling quite a few of them.

Bad Company

Established Member
I bought one a year or so ago without any problems

Have you tried calling them?

Here are the phone numbers I have for them. 866-484-2843 or 901-383-1621

I know when he built mine he had to wait for an order from Ford for the stock pillars to come in for him to add his pods to. It took a bit of time as Ford had them on a long Back Order.

ILW84U

Established Member
I Have a 2 gauge one from my 05 Mustang. Charcoal with the raptor shift light mount and it is already in Canada.

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
Anybody recently order a triple pod from speed of sound? I have been try to do so but get no replay on my emails? I can't just place an order online as I live in Canada and the web site does not allow it. So I was trying to order by other means. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I replied to your email, but then got your reply requesting a full quote (including shipping to Canada) but was out of the office the remainder of the week. You can expect an email from me tomorrow. My apologies, but I've been doing a good bit of work outside my office this summer and shipping to Canada isn't a click-to-purchase thing. We can get you the part, if you still require it.

I'm almost certain they don't make them anymore

Totally, completely false. Not sure where you got this info.

Were they actually going to build you one? I spoke with them about a year and a half ago about doing an A pillar pod that would fit an N gauge. The owner told me they had looked at it, but decided the Ngauge was too big, and they weren't going to do it. Seemed a bit short sighted to me since you know they would have no problem selling quite a few of them.

Ngauge fits the opening, but is far too large for me to recommend. I've made numerous single-pod pillars for the Ngauge. A dual or triple, and the Ngauge is going to have clearance issues with the gauge above/below it.

-Alan

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I replied to your email, but then got your reply requesting a full quote (including shipping to Canada) but was out of the office the remainder of the week. You can expect an email from me tomorrow. My apologies, but I've been doing a good bit of work outside my office this summer and shipping to Canada isn't a click-to-purchase thing. We can get you the part, if you still require it.

Totally, completely false. Not sure where you got this info.

Ngauge fits the opening, but is far too large for me to recommend. I've made numerous single-pod pillars for the Ngauge. A dual or triple, and the Ngauge is going to have clearance issues with the gauge above/below it.

-Alan
Thanks for the reply Alan, I've been impressed with your previous products and the prompt email reply you sent 2 years ago before I blew my stock engine.
Now that the car is back together, I really want to have a solution for my plans.
A-pillar for N-gauge, an E85 content gauge and a shift light was my wish.
Bummer to hear you don't have options with the N-gauge in addition to others, but I think it would be something many guys would want due to the popularity of the N-gauge.
Do you have any N-gauge A-pillar pics?
If I must, might consider the AC vent. Would the Nguage potentially fit in one of the cup holders as an option?
I'm still wanting your cup holder switch panel for the line-lock, WOT box and exhaust dump switches.
I can send a specific email, but thought sharing here may help other members. Thanks.
-J

dfroehli

Established Member
I was able to place my order today for a triple gauge pod from Allan. Looking forward to seeing it come in. Once it does I'll update this post again. I'd say it was harder to get ahold of Alan but once I did everything went smooth. Looking forward to my new toy.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
You'll love it...
IMG_20140719_140217_833.jpg

SVT_Steph

Established Member
Bumpin this old post back up. Looking for a SOS pod for my recently acquired '03. Is the only way to get them now used - assuming you are lucky enough to find one?

Thanks.

Bad Company

Established Member
I've been trying to get a hold of Alan for a week. I wanted one of his hidden cup holder switch panels for the 13 GT500. He hasn't returned my messages. Anybody have any ideas what is going on?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Had luck with email Kurt. Please let me know by text if you hear from him as I'm looking for same part plus an A pillar Nguage and shift light holder.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread