speed vs other infractions

Iman01

Established Member
From what I understand of traffic laws the punishments for speeding are more severe than the punishments for not keeping your car in your lane or other type infractions that prove the driver is incapable. I know officers that let people go with or without warnings for driving down the middle of a highway but hit the speeders hard.

I feel safer sharing the road with a person breaking a speed limit and controlling their car than with a person that is unable to stay in their own lane.

Do you feel differently? Do you enforce differently? Is it due to the way laws are written or are enforceable in your area?

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
Yes, speeding and fines (accordingly) are enforced more strickly than other laws. The courts have stated that fail to maintain a single lane-without safety is really a minor violation. There almost has to be an accident or a serious interference with another motorist/person before you can file the charge. Just not staying in your lane is not enough. It is basically the way the law is written and the court system. There should always be written documentation for all traffic stops.

Users who are viewing this thread