Speedhut Gauge Repair

P Weave

Established Member
Hey guys,

When I purchased my car it already had a Speedhut water temp gauge installed and I always thought it looked pretty dim, especially compared to the glow of the stock gauges. I recently installed my KB so I wanted a more accurate boost gauge instead of my Hilton overlay.

I purchased and installed another matching Speedhut gauge and that's when I realized how big of a difference there was in brightness! So I shipped the dim water temp gauge back to Speedhut and they replaced the glow light and shipped it back for $25! Still doesn't match perfectly but it looks much better!

20131010_021756_zps9by948n8.jpg

20140221_053942_zpseaytg2ma.jpg

20140320_163449_zps0xiyufui.jpg

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
There's a way to adjust the level of brightness I believe by pushing the button. Hopefully you can read this.
Speedhut2.jpg

P Weave

Established Member
There's a way to adjust the level of brightness I believe by pushing the button. Hopefully you can read this.
Speedhut2.jpg

That's the brightness of the warning led that you can adjust for day and night (lights on and off, respectively). The dimmer switch controlled both the water temp and boost gauge while the water temp dimmer went from dim to extremely dim lol.

Speedhut did tell me that the dimmer lights "break in" and they'd be happy to replace it for me. Works just like new.

Users who are viewing this thread