Speeding Ticket 120+mph CA

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
The officer's account is the truth, by your own admission.
ahhh but it is an internet admission, which by all accounts means that you can still go to court and lie to try to get out of taking responsibility.

Last edited:

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
I noticed you submitted to a field sobriety test. Never ever submit!

The person judging if you pass is someone who already thinks you're drunk. It's only going to be used against you.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I noticed you submitted to a field sobriety test. Never ever submit!

The person judging if you pass is someone who already thinks you're drunk. It's only going to be used against you.

While this is common advice. in Kali it could very lead to your arrest, and then a chemical blood test, which you can also refuse. do that and it is a MANDATORY 1 year suspension of your license

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
You're almost certain to go to the station anyways which is why you don't need to submit. With the SCOTUS ruling they have to get a warrant now unless it's exigent circumstances. Normal dissipation doesn't count.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
You're almost certain to go to the station anyways which is why you don't need to submit. With the SCOTUS ruling they have to get a warrant now unless it's exigent circumstances. Normal dissipation doesn't count.

again not entirely true. Kalifornias "implied consent" has not been tossed. which means that if you choose to not submit to either a FST, or a chemical test, your drivers license is suspended for a MANDATORY one year. and that is not subject to debate. so a warrant is not even needed.

also a lot of states, and I am sure Kali is one, have a judge on call 24 to issue warrants where needed when people don't cooperate.

the only thing the officer has to do is smell alcohol or see an open container in your car and he has probable cause.

wesessiah

Established Member
california sounds similar to nc. at the point a warrant is obtained for blood, you're already under arrest, the blood is for court not just getting the arrest, and you're getting suspended for refusing. here, the magistrates are in the same building as the intox, so it's not like refusing will buy any time here. of course, other places are different, so i can't comment outside of what happens here. there was a thread in here a month or so ago about a guy refusing and getting arrested and being worried about it because he didn't understand implied consent at the time.

Last edited:

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
again not entirely true. Kalifornias "implied consent" has not been tossed. which means that if you choose to not submit to either a FST, or a chemical test, your drivers license is suspended for a MANDATORY one year. and that is not subject to debate. so a warrant is not even needed.

also a lot of states, and I am sure Kali is one, have a judge on call 24 to issue warrants where needed when people don't cooperate.

the only thing the officer has to do is smell alcohol or see an open container in your car and he has probable cause.

A warrant is still needed if they want to draw blood.

You're missing that they can't do a forced withdraw. The penalties for refusing are still in effect.

wesessiah

Established Member

You're missing that they can't do a forced withdraw. The penalties for refusing are still in effect.

how would he have benefitted from refusing?

itSSlow98

Established Member

So you refuse SFST's, then refuse to blow......that means you go to court and try to convince a judge you werent drunk with literally ZERO proof that you weren't. Good call on that one! After you get found guilty you can post on SVTP why the legal system is against you lol :beer:

delvin.a

Established Member
So you refuse SFST's, then refuse to blow......that means you go to court and try to convince a judge you werent drunk with literally ZERO proof that you weren't. Good call on that one! After you get found guilty you can post on SVTP why the legal system is against you lol :beer:

It's still America, innocent until proven guilty. I don't need proof I wasn't, they need proof I was..

Still screwed so hard either way. Gonna cost a butt ton of time and money, think I'll stick to cabs. A cheaper way to support my local economy :beer:

g00se

I am Second
Established Member
After talking to a dozen or so attorneys , I decided to skip counsel and represent myself. The cost of counsel vs the likelihood of getting the ticket reduced seemed skewed the wrong way.

At the arraignment, I asked the judge if he could read the penalties of my citation before entering a plea which he did. $2700 fees, 2 points, 30 license suspended. Then I asked for permission to speak, which he granted. He listened intently as I shared my side and story of the case. The judge spoke privately with the clerk asked the bailiff a copy of my registration, and then asked how I wanted to plea. I plead guilty and sentenced 2 points, 30 day license suspension, and $650 fee, case closed, lesson learned.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
After talking to a dozen or so attorneys , I decided to skip counsel and represent myself. The cost of counsel vs the likelihood of getting the ticket reduced seemed skewed the wrong way.

At the arraignment, I asked the judge if he could read the penalties of my citation before entering a plea which he did. $2700 fees, 2 points, 30 license suspended. Then I asked for permission to speak, which he granted. He listened intently as I shared my side and story of the case. The judge spoke privately with the clerk asked the bailiff a copy of my registration, and then asked how I wanted to plea. I plead guilty and sentenced 2 points, 30 day license suspension, and $650 fee, case closed, lesson learned.

have you told your state farm agent yet?

Kiohtee

Established Member
Since when do you have to tell your insurance agent about a ticket?!

g00se

I am Second
Established Member
have you told your state farm agent yet?

Since when do you have to tell your insurance agent about a ticket?!

I called my rep and ran a 'hypothetical' situation. My insurance agency had just performed their annual review of everyone's driving record so they won't see it for another 11 months. And they do have forgiveness so we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread