speeding ticket surry co north carolina

tracyking

just got a 87 in a 70 om i-40 in surry county north carolina .. This is my first speeding ticket in many years .. Anyone know who would be a good attorney to take care of this ???? i was just riding in a line of traffic and i guess i was the one clocked ?? state trooper ask me if i had changed tires and wheels on this 2015 tundra and i had ! I went from 18s to 20s and he said he would not that but still gave me a 87 in a 70 ! but my GPS shows my speedo is right >> any help . i know i probley need a attorney but i dont know any in that area ... i actually live 100 miles from there ... Thanks alot for any help .....

jbs$

Established Member
Lawyer up - You will wind up about $350+/- out of pocket, but it is worth it to save the insurance points.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Hmmmm......fishy first post. Join an SVT forum just to ask where to get a lawyer.......when you drive a Toyota Tundra.

Interesting.

debit_free_2010

Established Member
just got a 87 in a 70 om i-40 in surry county north carolina ..

This is my first speeding ticket in many years .. Anyone know who would be a good attorney to take care of this ???? i was just riding in a line of traffic and i guess i was the one clocked ?? state trooper ask me if i had changed tires and wheels on this 2015 tundra and i had ! I went from 18s to 20s and he said he would not that but still gave me a 87 in a 70 ! but my GPS shows my speedo is right >> any help . i know i probley need a attorney but i dont know any in that area ... i actually live 100 miles from there ... Thanks alot for any help .....

Hello fellow Hiddeniter, I actually grew up in Alexander county off Cheatham Ford road. Unless I'm missing something, I-40 doesn't cut through Surry county. I-77 does.

I frequently drive that I-77 corridor and have been clocked @78 in my Mustang and never got pulled so you must have been moving.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
My cousin got popped on 77 near Dobson for 93 in a 70. Paid an attorney $360 and that should cover reducing it to under 5 over and all the fees etc...

jbs$

Established Member
Ask around, you want as an attorney, the DA's or the Judges Brother-in-Law or equivalent. Remember, here you are seaking mercy, not justice. Don't get confused.

debit_free_2010

Established Member
If all you got was a speeding ticket, you could OOgle traffic attorney's in Mt Airy and call one. They'll tell you how much they charge and should be able to get it reduced and with a PJC it wont affect your insurance, cause you don't want that ticket to hit your license. Getting a speeding ticket in NC for 75+ gives insurance companies a license to print money right out of your bank account.

svtshadow

Banned
just got a 87 in a 70 om i-40 in surry county north carolina .. This is my first speeding ticket in many years .. Anyone know who would be a good attorney to take care of this ???? i was just riding in a line of traffic and i guess i was the one clocked ?? state trooper ask me if i had changed tires and wheels on this 2015 tundra and i had ! I went from 18s to 20s and he said he would not that but still gave me a 87 in a 70 ! but my GPS shows my speedo is right >> any help . i know i probley need a attorney but i dont know any in that area ... i actually live 100 miles from there ... Thanks alot for any help .....

You wanna get a lawyer for 17mph over? Just represent yourself. Shit the earlier this year I had a 7 ticket stop which include the likes of aggressive driving and eluding electronic something....Shit I did not even have proper insurance. Took it to the Justice of the peace, and the only thing that stood was expired tags. The fine plus court costs were $130ish, and elected to pay like $5 a month just because I could. Don't be scared of the court sytems man.

And if they did not give me the verdict that I liked at the Justice of the Peace court, I would have taken the case to Court of Common pleas, which I have done in the past with excellent results.

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
You wanna get a lawyer for 17mph over? Just represent yourself. Shit the earlier this year I had a 7 ticket stop which include the likes of aggressive driving and eluding electronic something....Shit I did not even have proper insurance. Took it to the Justice of the peace, and the only thing that stood was expired tags. The fine plus court costs were $130ish, and elected to pay like $5 a month just because I could. Don't be scared of the court sytems man.

And if they did not give me the verdict that I liked at the Justice of the Peace court, I would have taken the case to Court of Common pleas, which I have done in the past with excellent results.

Folks, because you read it here, it must be true!

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member

Things are far different in the south than they are in your neck of the woods. NC will yank your license for a speeding conviction of 15 or more over the limit.

Users who are viewing this thread