Speeding ticket ???

jcobra

Established Member
I was just out taking my son for a quick ride and got nailed for 54 in a 35. However, its checked that I must appear in court. I havent had a ticket in about 4 years and I wasnt 20+ over when he got me. I didnt have my wallet on me so no license but he just took my name. He never asked for insurance or registration and didnt say anything about no plate in front. Im not sure why I cant just go to traffic school. I have never had to appear in court for anything so im not sure what to do. :shrug:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Call the number listed on the ticket for the Clerk of the Court and ask if it is a mistake or what is the reason you must appear. Also ask the Clerk's office what your options for deferred adjudication are.

jcobra

Established Member
what is deferred adjudication, I searched it for Illinois and all I can find is info from Texas. Someone else told me I may have to appear because I didnt have my license for bond???

KenneBellGT87

Banned
if it was under 20 u shouldnt have to appear in court. at least i didnt have to. ive gotten caught for 18 over. did not have to go to court. got caught for 36 over had to go to court.

jcobra

Established Member
How long does supervision last?? And you can only get it once per year correct? I think the thing that im pissed about the most is ive had my license for 13 years and have owned several fast cars and this is my first ticket in one of them, and only the 3rd time ive been pulled over. Which now means I have to drive nicely for a while, and that sucks too.

Illinois supervision lasts for 6 months, i just got off mine. Where are you located in NE Illinois, I saw a black cobra today just like yours in Naperville! Cops are horrible there!!!

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
jcobra said:
How long does supervision last?? And you can only get it once per year correct? I think the thing that im pissed about the most is ive had my license for 13 years and have owned several fast cars and this is my first ticket in one of them, and only the 3rd time ive been pulled over. Which now means I have to drive nicely for a while, and that sucks too.

I think its what the person said above. You have to pay to be on court supervision. It use to be free, but now its an extra $20 or 25 dollars, but its worth it.

GL.

jcobra

Established Member
Red99LimitedGT said:
Illinois supervision lasts for 6 months, i just got off mine. Where are you located in NE Illinois, I saw a black cobra today just like yours in Naperville! Cops are horrible there!!!

Im up near Crystal Lake.

i_need_csvt

lookin' for a dd trade
Established Member
It depends on the county to determine whether or not there is an additional fee for court supervision. The county also determines the length of supervision in Ill, i.e., not all tickets warrant 6 months, some longer, some shorter. In madison county, court supervision costs $35, in St. Clair County, it is free - yes, i've had tickets in both and that is why I know.

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
i_need_csvt said:
It depends on the county to determine whether or not there is an additional fee for court supervision. The county also determines the length of supervision in Ill, i.e., not all tickets warrant 6 months, some longer, some shorter. In madison county, court supervision costs $35, in St. Clair County, it is free - yes, i've had tickets in both and that is why I know.

AHH, cool. Nice to know... didnt know that.

Thanks ;]

jcobra

Established Member
Since my ticket was checked that I have to appear in court will I have to pay court costs???

jcobra

Established Member
What about if I take supervision, a freind of mine said the only reason I have to appear in court is cause I didnt have my license on me. My record is clean it was the first time Ive been pulled over in 5 years.

jcobra

Established Member
I just got a hold of the clerk of the court and she said I did not need to appear in court. So I just paid $105 over the phone and I will be going to traffic school.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Make sure you get a receipt and confirmation of what the clerk told you well before your court date.

jcobra

Established Member
She said if I dont have something in the mail within 2 weeks to call her back. Why would the officer have checked that I need to appear in court?? When she pulled it up at the office she said I did not have to come in. Honest mistake or is there another reason for it.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
jcobra said:
She said if I dont have something in the mail within 2 weeks to call her back. Why would the officer have checked that I need to appear in court?? When she pulled it up at the office she said I did not have to come in. Honest mistake or is there another reason for it.

Any number of reasons. I cant speculate. Just make sure you get the written proof and keep it forever.

I have found warrants on people from states they havent lived for 10 years for unpaid tickets. Proof is your friend.

Users who are viewing this thread