speedometer and odometer not working???

blackvenom01

Established Member
Hey i just baught a 04 terminator. When i arrived there the ignition was on and the car was dead. We jumped it and kept it running without turning it off and restarting it. As we drove off we noticed that the speedometer was not working. The owner claimed that i work that morning and he doesnt know why its not working now. When i start the car the odometer will come up but after a few seconds of driving it will go out. Also the check engine light is on now. Do you guys have any suggestions of what i could do so i dont have to take it to a tranny shot.

It does have a spec twin disk clutch with a 26 spline input shaft and a 31 spline output shaft.

Thanks

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
It may be a good idea to have a Ford service shop look at that problem. Just have them verify the cause of the problem and quote you the repair costs. I hope it something simple.

blackvenom01

Established Member
ha it was even easier than that. I thought i would just reset the computer so i left the batterie off last night. Started it this morn and drove it and its all good now. Somehow musta been an error with the computer or something.

Users who are viewing this thread