Spent $$$$ on Suspension and Drivetrain....results

§ilver§nake

Quiet Thunder
Established Member
Here is what I installed:
All urethane front and rear (I mean EVERY one)
26 spline input on tranny
Centerforce stage III and Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
Detroit Locker
Level 5 Axles
Billetflow Differential Housing Brace
MM full subframe connector
MM 4-point K-member brace
MM strut tower brace
Eibach sway bars

Yea, it cost a fortune...but it has been worth it, so far. I am still breaking in the clutch. But, I can tell that this beast will hole-shot like a cannon. I was able to break it loose yesterday since it was wet; no hop at all. I want to make sure the clutch is broke in really well before I get into it too much. So, we will have to wait a while to thoroughly test for the hop.

As for the ride, I was surprised to find it quite nice. It is a little stiffer, but not much. I suppose the stock springs are keeping the ride in check. However, I can tell the car handles MUCH better; the body roll is greatly reduced and the car tracks better.

The locker is not as loud as I expected it to be. The only time I hear it is when I make slow turns and when I back up; I will say, though, it can be heard during these times...very much so. But, again, it is not as loud as I expected. I look forward to dumping the clutch the first time. This differential should compliment the 4.10s well.

Anyway, that is where I am at as of now; I will update as I drive it more.

As a side note, I believe I have done EVERY performance bolt-on possible except nitrous and Whipple. I guess the Whipple will be next; I am not doing NOS. If you guys can think of anything else, I would appreciate any suggestions. However, I would like to keep my 18 mpg mileage :-D

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
damn that IS alot of money on suspension but i know its well worth it. Congrats man, ever thought about going turbo setup? . Post some pics if you can. :thumbsup:

ETW

Established Member
Sounds like a really badass setup. Are you still on the stock springs?

§ilver§nake

Quiet Thunder
Established Member
ETW said:
Sounds like a really badass setup. Are you still on the stock springs?

Yea, I wanted to keep the stock springs because I didn't want to adversely affect the ride too much. To fill up the fenderwells, I have 275-40x18 tires. They are about an inch taller than stock and make the car look lowered. Also, they compliment the gears.

Users who are viewing this thread