Spiced up my hood - opinions?

94ShoOff

AKA Darkside
Established Member
I wanted something to break up all the yellow. I already have the FR500's on the car, so I added the stripes to go along with the yellow/black theme. Opinions?
2004918150475041018822.jpg

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
I'd like to see more angles. I don't really like them from that particular angle, but might like them seeing a bit more directions.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
I'd have to see them from more angles as well ... might look better being full stripes instead of just after the vents ..

Crowley

RossSVT

Established Member
I think that if the stripe was the width of the vent and followed that line back it would look much better.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by RossSVT
I think that if the stripe was the width of the vent and followed that line back it would look much better.
I tend to agree. Also, did you only stripe the hood, or did you carry the theme to the trunk? Personally I would have done both if I did the hood, but that's just me. When I had my Callaway Camaro (painted Corvette Red) I had an SS-style hood. I striped the hood so that the entire scoop was painted black with a thin stripe on either side. The same width stripe was applied to the trunk lid, spoiler and trunk rear. I really liked it. If I can find a picture when I get home I'll post it.

TRBO VNM

Originally posted by RossSVT

exactly. in that pics it looks like they bow a little bit and aren't as wide as the vents. good idea, but change it as mentioned and I think it would look a lot better. someone had bought a carbon fiber hood that matched the stock hood and painted where you have the stripes black and it looked great.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think he purposed wanted the stripes to conform to the arch of the recessed vent area. And if the stripe was wider that curve wouldn't be as noticeable, either. JMO.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
I would fill in the full recess leading up to the vent and then possibly carry the strips over the roof/trunk (like the gts viper with stripes).

thats one option, or go rice and replace the entire hood with black carbon fiber (no paint) lol.

maybe go with a cobra R hood in yellow with the accented black vents (looks really nice btw).

anyway just some ideas :)

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
I agree with doing the full width of the vents, and carry it over the hood and trunk. I wouldn't go any further forward on the hood though.

94ShoOff

AKA Darkside
Established Member
Easy guys, its not like I custom designed these suckers. When I ordered them, I thought that they would actually come straight back from the scoops. When I took them out, I had a 'wtf' look on my face. But I went back to the website selling them and noticed the bowed out area. They offer a separate stripe combo to go along with these, but I didn't like them. They were fader strips in front of the scoops.

I think they designed these this way because of the odd lines our hoods follow. I'll try to get some better pics on Friday from different angles. The best part is they come off easy if I grow tired of them.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Waoh those extra stripes on the new pics are not good. Just my opinion, since you asked.:eek:

CyberDaveA

Established Member
The decals make the hood look like someone has there arms stretched out... looking for a handout....

DS_0125_125.JPG

:lol: :lol:

Mi Diablo

Need2Speed Racer
Established Member
Poop.

I'd remove the front stripes completely.

I'd remove the "vinyl" all together.

I'd tape off the entire scoop section, and paint it, then clear it. Only way to do something on a $30K+ Car is the right way.

Side Note: JKD Cobra is the gentleman w/the CF Hood, and the centers are C/F, and the rest of the hood black, as is the car.

Josh

94ShoOff

AKA Darkside
Established Member
Those other stripes ARE NOT on my car, those are pictures from graphic-express website. If I painted them on the car, I would have them on there straight back. I just don't like permanently changing the look of the car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Here are two pics of my old Camaro with the stripes I had painted on. Not a biggie but I thought they were pretty cool. They were clear-coated of course. Had them done when the car was repainted Corvette Red.

Callaway.jpg

Callaway1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread