Spindle wont come off??????

ChuteboxeL03

Established Member
Iam trying to put my belltech spindles on, but i cant seem to get the stock one off, ive gotten everything off but i cant get the spindle off the lower control arm, any tips on how to do this cause its really startin to piss me off. Thanks, Gino.

ChuteboxeL03

Established Member
it says not to use that, and i dont have them anyways. The bolts just slide through the spindle just like the tie rod and upper control arm right?

ChuteboxeL03

Established Member
no man i dont got that either, but it says i dont need any of those tools to do this, iam just wondering if i just keep hittin it might break it loose.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
I was always under the impression that a few good whacks from a big friggin hammer would solve that issue?

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Flip the castle nut, flat side up, screw it down so its nearly flush with the top of the bolt, and tap on it.. She should pop.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
BFH! Just wack the hell out of the knuckle and it will pop off the ball joint. Leave the nut on the ball joint so that the knuckle wont drop to the ground.

ChuteboxeL03

Established Member
FINALLY GOT IT!!! i had to punch the bushing through the lower control arm to get out off, now i got a new problem, i can tighten all the bolts down expect for the tie rod, it just keeps spinning, any tips to keep it from not spining so i can torque it down?

WhiteBolt

Engine Master
Established Member
ChuteboxeL03 said:
no man i dont got that either, but it says i dont need any of those tools to do this, iam just wondering if i just keep hittin it might break it loose.
Don't hit the ball joint directly.
Hit the outside of the spindle in the area where the ball joint taper enters.
The shock will pop loose the wedge action of the taper fit.
If you damage the taper fit in any way whatsoever, the ball joint won't lock in place again when you tighten everything up and you will probably soon lose a wheel when the spindle falls off while driving.

ChuteboxeL03 said:
FINALLY GOT IT!!! i had to punch the bushing through the lower control arm to get out off, now i got a new problem, i can tighten all the bolts down expect for the tie rod, it just keeps spinning, any tips to keep it from not spining so i can torque it down?
Sounds like you damaged the threads or the castle nut.
The nut should spin smoothly all the way to the spindle.

Last edited:

Lightmare

Banned
Man did I have a time getting mine off. First suggestion...don't wait to take the bottom joint off last...that's the hardest one.

Now that you already did...put a jack under it. Jack it up tight and remove it with a sledgehammer and a removal tool. Hope someone didn't answer you already.

Edit: My first post that may actually help someone! Took 1,289 post to do it in!

Last edited:

ChuteboxeL03

Established Member
Did u guys put a cotter pin in the blot on the lower control arm??? because it seems to me that u have to cut the bolt down a bit for the wheel to even go on. Is this true???

Users who are viewing this thread