Sport Bike Riders/Owners With HID Kits

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
Any bike riders with HID kits on their bike? I have a 2001 GSXR 600 and I was thinking of getting an 8K HID kit for my bike. (I just want to make sure I can be seen by drivers at night :coolman:)

I don't know if I can just buy the regular kit or do I need to buy the bi-xenon kit since my regular lights only one light comes on and both for the brights. I want to make sure that my brights do turn off completely if I get a regular kit.

I have the regular HID kit for my Cobra & F150 and the brights obviously do not work with the regular. I just wondering if this is the case with bikes as well.

POST PICTURES of your HID setups on your bike if you want.

Thanks
Cheers

BittenInBama

Established Member
My brother installed HIDs on his 06 'busa over the winter and loves it. Says low beams give him more visibility than OEM highs. Believe he got one of the medium intensity kits.

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
Thanks for the website. It looks like the lights sort of work independently because I see they sell a HID single kit for the one light and the double kit for two.

BITTENINBAMA
Yeah the ones in my truck and car are bright as ever. That's why I wanted them for my bike as well.

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
i just installed an hid kit from liteeyes.com a couple of days ago. i got a 03 gsxr 750. i went with bixenon's becuase my bike had two h4 bulbs which are high and low. so both lights light up for low and both light up for high. so far i love the hid's. its a huge differance in visibility at night. you really dont even need high beams, i just got them to keep it legal for when i get MA state inspections.

what kinda bulbs do u have in the 01?

Users who are viewing this thread