Sport mode increases steering wheel vibration

4.6+5.0

Established Member
Anyone else experience this? I can be driving with sport mode on, feel the vibration/shaking in the steering wheel and hit the traction button to turn it off and instant feel the wheel smooth out. And no its not a placebo effect, u can feel it really smooth out.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Sport mode enhances the response feel of the steering when TC and AdvancTrac are turned off. When you turn them back on, you are likely switching back to comfort or standard steering feel with gives the wheel a little less play feedback.

clean92lx

Established Member
so turning off TC changes the steering wheel settings?:shrug:

BTW, I sometimes drive in sport mode and never any vibrations at all.

clean92lx

Established Member
Sport mode enhances the response feel of the steering when TC and AdvancTrac are turned off. When you turn them back on, you are likely switching back to comfort or standard steering feel with gives the wheel a little less play feedback.

You don't have to have TC off to drive in sport mode

4.6+5.0

Established Member
I experiment with sport mode all the time taking exit or entrance ramps that have a curve to them and u can definitely feel the wheel tighten up with sport mode engaged and steering response is increased, I get that it just seems I get more vibration with it engaged almost like a unbalanced tire feel but nothing with the stock tc engaged.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
I'm on my phone... Do you have aftermarket wheels? When I put my wheels on I didn't remove the front rotor clips on the studs. Got vibration when tv was off. When I removed the clips everything was better.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
You don't have to have TC off to drive in sport mode

So you can turn off AdvancTrac and keep TC on? I believed that Sport Mode was all assists disabled. No TC, no AdvancTrac. I did see something the other day that mentioned hitting the button twice or something, but my car only turned TC off and then back on...

clean92lx

Established Member
So you can turn off AdvancTrac and keep TC on? I believed that Sport Mode was all assists disabled. No TC, no AdvancTrac. I did see something the other day that mentioned hitting the button twice or something, but my car only turned TC off and then back on...

Sport mode is just changing the way the steering wheel feels. You have standard, comfort and sport.

I keep mine in comfort, I don't like how the sport feels. kinda like driving a car with no power steering IMO.

Last edited:

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
pressing the traction control twice puts the car in sport mode. It takes TC off and puts the steering wheel feel to sport.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I wouldn't consider changing the steering feel sport mode, but okay. Lol

I get in my car, turn it on, push once for TC disabled, then press and hold while applying the brake for 7 seconds to disable AT. Then drive off.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
mouse double click. your foot has to be pressing the brake too. you can do it parked or moving it dosnt matter. as long as your foot is on the brake and you double click it. OP i also have more vibration with sport mode and i noticed it when the car had like 20 miles.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
mouse double click. your foot has to be pressing the brake too. you can do it parked or moving it dosnt matter. as long as your foot is on the brake and you double click it. OP i also have more vibration with sport mode and i noticed it when the car had like 20 miles.

Ahhh. I wasn't pushing the brake. That's why then.

But anyways, answer to OP is that going to sport mode "stiffens" up the steering for quicker response, which in turn gives more feedback from the tires and steering while driving.

4.6+5.0

Established Member
Yes brake has to be pressed but u can do it lightly while driving and double tap the tc button fast like u would a mouse button and sport will be enabled. U can do it while stopped or on the fly while driving.

4.6+5.0

Established Member
I'm on my phone... Do you have aftermarket wheels? When I put my wheels on I didn't remove the front rotor clips on the studs. Got vibration when tv was off. When I removed the clips everything was better.

Still have stock rims but on my 2nd set pirrelli p zeros so I have no clue about a rotor clip

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member

I removed the rotor clips and everything got worse lol. With after marktet wheels. Not sure what the deal is, but I went from smooth driving to a slight wobble feel while driving. Tires are fine as I drove them one day no issue, removed the rotor clips then bam wacky wobble.

4.6+5.0

Established Member
Well there is your problem. LOL

So stock tires r garbage ur saying? I just got stock replacements when I needed new tires since they were cheapest and best recommended since they came stock with the car :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread