Sportlines and 275/40/19 don't play well together.

GHIG'13

Established Member
I put the tires on the car six months or so back, noticed that there was a paint chip on the very edge of the passenger fender above the tire. Figured it was a rock chip and just bad luck. Well this Saturday I took the car out because it has been a while since I drove it and noticed it has a pretty bad rake to it when coming out of a store. Got to looking and the paint chip now has spider web cracks around it and a small dent in the fender from the tire hitting it. I got a set of front ford p springs from a buddy I'm going to swap on the front but just wanted to let anybody who might have the sportlines and was thinking of putting 275/40/19's on to try and find another tire size. This combo is way to close and could cause damage to the car/paint. I searched for a month before buying these tires to make sure there wasn't going to be problem and never got a clear answer. So, these will fit but are NOT recommended if you have sportlines.

Zandura99

Almost there
Established Member
I run sportlines and 285/40R19. The rear end on our cars are notoriously off center. Even with my BMR panhard, the shop was still out about 3/8's of an inch toward the driver.

I will be sorting that out this month but have had some VERY spirited cornering and with the factory Ford Boss wheels not even an issue. I think your wheels' offset (backspacing) may be the issue. I am thinking its too negative (in ET) or low in backspace for the drop.. no the tire size.

GHIG'13

Established Member
I run sportlines and 285/40R19. The rear end on our cars are notoriously off center. Even with my BMR panhard, the shop was still out about 3/8's of an inch toward the driver.

I will be sorting that out this month but have had some VERY spirited cornering and with the factory Ford Boss wheels not even an issue. I think your wheels' offset (backspacing) may be the issue. I am thinking its too negative (in ET) or low in backspace for the drop.. no the tire size.

My offset is +35mm on SVE 19x9.5" drifts and the problem is with the front tires. The backs are fine, sorry should have specified. I had 285/35/19's on the rear of my green car and it was close but didn't rub at. I am going to end up having to repaint the passenger front fender now, it's not real bad but enough to drive me crazy.

Mashburn94

Established Member
Just saw it was the front. I'm running 245/35/19 I think. I know the 245 is right for the front, and 275 in the rear. I have no issues with the sportlines. Granted I'm on factory wheels.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
I'm on Sportlines and 275 35 r19 with no problem, I guess that extra bit of height is causing you problems.

GHIG'13

Established Member
I'm on Sportlines and 275 35 r19 with no problem, I guess that extra bit of height is causing you problems.

Yeah man, can't afford new tires so I'm going to swap the front springs out for a set of 1" lowering ones and see how it looks and just get the right size next go around. Only problem now is I have to repair the fender too.

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
Op what rims are you running?

NVM I found it, SVE drifts.

I run 275/40/18s with sportlines on the front and run 9/10ths on the street.

OP, what fender is damaged the front or the rear? Just so you know if its the front Ford installed steering limiters on the track pack/boss cars....

Last edited:

GHIG'13

Established Member
Op what rims are you running?

NVM I found it, SVE drifts.

I run 275/40/18s with sportlines on the front and run 9/10ths on the street.

OP, what fender is damaged the front or the rear? Just so you know if its the front Ford installed steering limiters on the track pack/boss cars....

It's the passenger front fender that is damaged, it's not really bad but I know it's there and it going to drive me crazy if I don't fix it. I'm going to pick the front up for now and then buy shorter front tires when the time comes.

Users who are viewing this thread