I'll trade ya Wheelspin

Today: 58 showers
Tues: 58 showers
Wed: 59 rain
Thurs: 59 rain
Fri: 58 showers
Sat: 57 few showers
Sun: 60 showers
Mon: 60 partly cloudy (yay finally no rain, if it actually holds up)

The great northwest has to be one of the most depressing places i have ever spent a winter, i dont know how the people here can stand it.

Last edited:

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Stillwater, OK

Man I live a rough life. I say that now, when we could have tornadoes and blow everyone away, but at least it looks good on paper.

. Wind advisory for today.
This afternoon. Mostly sunny and windy. Highs in the mid 80s. South winds 25 to 35 mph.

Tonight. Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms late. Windy. Lows in the mid 60s. South winds 20 to 30 mph.

Tuesday. Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Windy. Highs in the lower 80s. South winds 25 to 35 mph.

Tuesday night. An 80 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Windy. Lows in the upper 50s. South winds 25 to 35 mph.

Wednesday. Very windy. A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning. Otherwise partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 70s.

Wednesday night. Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 40s.

Thursday. Mostly clear during the day. Then mostly cloudy with a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 60s.

Friday. Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Windy. Lows in the lower 50s and highs in the mid 70s.

Saturday. Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Windy. Lows in the upper 50s and highs in the lower 70s.

Sunday. Partly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 40s and highs in the upper 60s.

wheelspin

Established Member
I can't complain for lack of sun this week. But about a week and a half ago we had 70 degrees and then 5 inches of snow 2 days later. Now we are doing it again. I don't know if I should gas up the snowblower or the lawnmower! :D And then there is the whole thing of shorts and A/C, winter coats and heat, shorts and A/C, winter coats and heat. Freaky!! That's the thing about it up here. If you don't like the climate, wait two days...

94RedCobra

Established Member
Come on man! Minnesota Rocks! It just keeps you on your toes a bit.

Also, GOPHERS HOCKEY IS THE BEST!!!!!!!

wheelspin

Established Member
If you can get past the ever changing weather, bitter cold, and lack of a quality football team, the place isn't so bad. Great scenery, hunting and fishing. The only bad part about the outdoors is the fact that 15,000 some odd lakes breeds like the worlds largest mosquito population...

During the Armistice day storm during WWII the temp went from the high 60's to below zero on the SAME DAY. They got a blizzard... They got like two feet of snow, and the wind blew like a mother... They had 20 ft drifts in Wilmar. Here's a pic from the cities... Killed 49 people, mostly outdoorsman trapped in the blizzard, and lightly dressed because it was so warm.

That's the kind of weather we get in the fall and spring. unpredictable and annoying.

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Okay get this shit.........

Monday March 31st 86 degrees and sunny
Monday April 7th 34 degrees with 3" of snow
Monday April 14th 88 degrees and sunny 40mph wind

Fun times in the midwest:read:

wheelspin

Established Member
Might as well make the best of it I guess. Havin' steaks on the grille and beer tonight. :thumbsup:

I guess Thursday will have to be Chili night... :shrug:

TK94Bird

whoopin some ass
Established Member
Bah this reminds me of a joke. Know why all the tree's in Iowa point north?

Cause Minnesota sucks :)

Know why all the Minnesota girls go out with Wisconsin guys?

Ever seen a gopher hole after a Badgers been thru it :-D

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 87 DEGREES WAS SET AT MOLINE ILLINOIS TODAY. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 80 SET IN 2002.

Thats almost 10%!!!

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 87 DEGREES WAS SET AT MOLINE ILLINOIS TODAY. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 80 SET IN 2002.

Thats almost 10%!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Zach, absolute zero Fahrenheit is -459.67 degrees. Based on that the difference between 87 and 80 degrees fahrenheit would be much much much less than the 10% it normally would be based on a scale which started at 0.

Just thought I'd point that out.... :p :p

Billy Pilgram

You're right TK94Bird, unless you've spent some quality time under the clouds up here in the NW, you don't know dreary! I spent Saturday between "showers" (aka heaviest rain in months) hydroplaning and squeeging myself underneath my Cobra to put my new Magnaflow exhaust on (OK it was well worth it :) ).

Our problem up here is that the only time the weather man is right is a day after the weather has gone through.

Old Indian saying ... If you can see the mountain, it's about to rain; if you can't see the mountain, it is raining!

wheelspin

Established Member
Yeah, I think I'd go nuts if I were stuck inside avoiding rain all the time... At least we get 6 months a year where we can go outside. You just need to pack your winter coat when it's 90...(we set a record too) because you never know...

Users who are viewing this thread