Spring Install Price

CobraZb

Blown Cobra *****
Established Member
So I called a spring guy today to do get my springs put on. He quoted me at 495 dollers. Thats nuts. Is that sound about right for a spring install?

gud2goe

Established Member
off the top of my head..for the front remove the tires, remove the break caliper... support the lca..remove the two strut nuts and bolts and the upper sway bar link nut....let off on the jack to let the lca hang(move the jack out of the way)....when you go to pull the spring out press down(with some force) on the lca......

for the rear.. remove cat back...take the tires off and caliper again and e brake cable...support the whole irs take the rear upper irs bolt out(might need to load or unload irs to get it out) remove the rear shock lower bolt from the lca(same ..may need to load or unload suspension)..then lower the jack so irs lowers and the pull springs out..(watch here you might need to remove the driveshaft at the diff as not to load the u-joints)
(some will say to use a spring compressor i didnt need it but thats up to you)

install for both is just the opposite..install is a little easier since the spring is shorter... look for postbans posts and check out his red pill has all the info there plus tq specs for all

postbans link:::::: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231900

also mark you rear springs so you know how to place the pigtail on the new ones..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread